Advanced Missiles Mod v1.x

Civ Fuehrer

Drifting through space, lost
Welcome to the Advanced Missiles Mod thread, my first attempt at recreating my Civ IV mod Advanced Nukes Mod which if you have played with RoM/AND then you have seen the extended nuke content that it had. As a mod for Civ V I thought it would be appropriate to use a similar but different name, also this mod will ultimately do more than just adding different types of nukes like ANM did so therefore 'Nukes' wouldn't fit the bill as well as the general term of missiles.

The mod is in the Game Hub under the 'Units' category. Please leave comments/concerns/requests/feedback.

ToDo:
Spoiler :

Chlorine Artillery (maybe a promo for regular artillery?)
Peace Maker (very large radius regular nuke)
Tactical Fusi / Fusion Nova (a.k.a. Planet Buster)
RDS-220 (Tsar Bomba)
Antimatter Armageddonator (a.k.a. Doomsday Weapon)
Viral Inducer / Plague Bringer
AA Missile Defense
Laser Auto-Defense
(Replace 'Nuclear Missile' with a plethora of Tactical Missile UUs)
Nuclear Silo (hopefully with specialized nuclear storage stacking)

Next Version: - I'm not sure what will be in v. 5
Spoiler :

v. 5:

Version History:
Spoiler :

V. 1a:
Added: ICBM

V. 1b:
In the hub
Fixed: ICBM civilopedia strategy.

V. 2:
Added: Bunker

v. 3:
Added: SDI
Fixed: Bunker & ICBM texts

v. 4:
Changed: ICBM cost: 1250
Changed: SDI cost: 1800

What do these do?

Units:
Spoiler :

ICBM:
Cost: 1800
Tech: Advanced Ballistics
Special: Infinite ranged nuke

Buildings:
Spoiler :

Bunker:
Cost: 450
Tech: Electronics
Special: Mitigates nuke population decrementation by 25%

Projects:
Spoiler :

SDI:
Cost: 1200
Tech: Satellites
Special: A 50% chance to intercept any incoming nuclear missiles. (Will be reduced once more techs are introduced to allow more nuke intercept projects)

To be honest, CF: I will build a GDR over the existing nuclear weapons in most circumstances if I have to choose, due to the fact that the GDR can destroy innumerable numbers of high-tech units than a missile can in one burst. I understand the joy of infinite range, but the GDR, as ridiculous as it is, is a real game-changer in terms of the viability of nukes. If you can't stomp the GDR over to cause trouble, you probably don't have any reason to fire a nuke beyond style points.

To be honest, CF: I will build a GDR over the existing nuclear weapons in most circumstances if I have to choose, due to the fact that the GDR can destroy innumerable numbers of high-tech units than a missile can in one burst. I understand the joy of infinite range, but the GDR, as ridiculous as it is, is a real game-changer in terms of the viability of nukes. If you can't stomp the GDR over to cause trouble, you probably don't have any reason to fire a nuke beyond style points.

I agree with your point there, however when the enemy has a mass of GDR's at your doorstep, a nuke would clear things up as a nice pre-attack barrage. This mod is in no way finished, I will be adding Chlorine Artillery, Chemical bombs, Viral missiles, Hydrogen Bombs, etc. This is just the first step, plus there have been plenty of people asking for an ICBM on the request thread. Also, more missiles means requiring the correct tech to apply them to which vanilla Civ V doesn't have and when that time comes around, then the game will be more ready to handle an unlimited-ranged nuke and the cost will go down as it will no longer be one of the more demanded units, most likely right behind the GDR.

CivFuhrer

Doesn't the nuclear missile represent hydrogen bombs in this game already? Meaning the ICBM should logically be an ICBM as well. Does that mean ICBMs can destroy cities as well?

Can't wait to see the gallant, if not horrifying (for the people of the game world) return of Plague Bringers and Fusion Nova (which is probably OP in Civ5 anyway)

I'm very happy about this mod. I never thought my original Civ4 mod would really interest any modders in terms of developing it further, but it has become much more than I could have ever expected (or implemented :)).

I'm very happy about this mod. I never thought my original Civ4 mod would really interest any modders in terms of developing it further, but it has become much more than I could have ever expected (or implemented :)).

Well back before BTS was released, ANM started out as your nuke flavor mod converted for RoM. Then over time I added the land to water feature from someone else's mod as the fusion nuke and finally decided to write my own stuff such as the plague bringer and YAM. So really you started this whole thing. :lol:

Can you also add in some medieval/classical artillery in the game as well? Sure the catapult and Trebuchet is famous, but there are other's artillery was used, like the Bastilla, the Onagur, Battery Ram and many other siege and artillery weapon's that been used.

Can you also add in some medieval/classical artillery in the game as well? Sure the catapult and Trebuchet is famous, but there are other's artillery was used, like the Bastilla, the Onagur, Battery Ram and many other siege and artillery weapon's that been used.

Those will most likely be included in RoM's Civ V iteration. AMM will stretch as far back as the Industrial Era.

I want to download this but I'm too scared without Dale's MAD mod :S

I want to download this but I'm too scared without Dale's MAD mod :S

Dale? MAD mod? I thought TheLopez might've been the one to redo his old Civ IV mod. I haven't seen Dale's MAD mod, could you link it please? That is unless it's on the hub... To the hub!

EDIT: Back from the hub, all I saw was Dale's map mod...

The MAD mod was part of Dale's Combat Mod; MAD = Mutually Assured Destruction. Can read about it in this post http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=168966

re mod - it is a version 1.0, and adds ICBM's into the game already... seem to be a bit overzealous lately >.>

if you add an ICBM, is there a counter? like SETI from IV, or at least shelter buildings in cities to mitigate damage. i know counters for ICBM's may not be very realistic, but getting nuked and nothing being able to do anything but take it try to recover isn't much fun to me.

that said, there are no bad mods... except buggy unplayable mods... those are bad.

@ Quetz
That mod is for Civ IV, this is for Civ V. Plus the date on the post when it was last edited was back in 2006.

@ Abremms
In time I will. In time. ;) In fact, that is high on my priority list after I get the tools to mod LUA to make such an ability.

This mod will be available on the HUB when I get home. Steam doesn't have internet access here at my college.

Top Bottom