Advanced Missiles Mod v1.x

Hi, loved your nukes from AND! Glad to see you working on civ V also.

I always wanted to drop a nuke from the stealth bomber or just the normal bomber.

I know it is kind of redundant now that we got the A-Bomb from the core game, but it would just feel so much more epic if you loaded it up in a plane and dropped it via an air mission, with a chance of getting intercepted of course.

Thanks for responding about my ideas Fuehrer. I figured an EMP nuke would actually be in the vanilla civ5 since it really is one of the major threats on the US watch list. Apparently a trash can sized bomb that the US can already make can wipe out an entire city's electronics.

Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure this mod will be awesome when it's complete.

Semi-good news everyone! I have accidentally covered every revealed plot in fallout. Experimenting with some callbacks, I used NukeExplosion() on a tile loop and executed if the tile is revealed. That not only destroyed my own city but all other cities that I can see. :lol: Anyway, the man-hunt continues on getting a proper tile detection system for the nuke explosion so I can implement the feature-making nukes but I'm getting real close now, I just know it. Anyway, the said callback can be used for a MIRV if I can ever get the plot targeting to work.

Semi-good news everyone! I have accidentally covered every revealed plot in fallout. Experimenting with some callbacks, I used NukeExplosion() on a tile loop and executed if the tile is revealed. That not only destroyed my own city but all other cities that I can see. :lol: Anyway, the man-hunt continues on getting a proper tile detection system for the nuke explosion so I can implement the feature-making nukes but I'm getting real close now, I just know it. Anyway, the said callback can be used for a MIRV if I can ever get the plot targeting to work.

This warrants a celebration.

Also, you should make that a weapon. :lol:

Well, I've been ravaging the lua for something to work. One possible solution is the GetPlot() or GetSecondaryPlot() from the missiondefines, but I've no idea how to access that. I've also messed with the Events.RunCombatSims different references and have successfully found out that it refers to four different numbers. I tried plugging these numbers in for a coordinate and ended up spawning a line of fallout half way around the world from where the nuke landed. Last on the list of possibilities is GenerateNuclearCombatInfo(CvUnit &,CvPlot &,CvCombatInfo *) but again, I've no idea how to implement it. One hook that I used with the tile loop was IsFighting() which made the splatter of fallout land randomly on an enemy unit caught within the radius.

For the spreading of nanites etc. you might be able to use coding similar to that in the mod that lets trees spread to tiles just make it nanites instead. For plague bomb why not something like the black death in Rhyse and Fall. Finally too bad on the terraphorming that problem has been brought up many time hope Fraxis fixes it

Top Bottom