After years of playing, what new things have you found in Civ 4?

I'm 100% sure this is already known by you regulars, but anyway...

Non-hostile units moving into your cities under open borders give MP happiness under hereditary rule. In the game I'm playing right this second Izzy has a couple units in my border city + my single EDIT: Chariot (not warrior) garrison for a total of +3 "military presence impresses us."

Neato.

The other day I tried a game as the French, don't recall plying them before. I found I liked the musketeers. Similar function as Curassiers sp? , but you get them a bit earlier so the bad guys are weaker. Fun.

While playing as Portugal, I have noticed an issue with Domestic Advisor screen. When I select multiple cities in order to mass-build, Braganza always gets ignored. Might be that it has something to do with Portugal having another similarly named city - Braga. Maybe the game uses partial matching by city name in the Domestic Advisor screen for some weird reason.

Renaming Braganza to something else will eliminate the issue...until founding a new city which the game insists to be named yet again as Braganza.

I have seen similar thing in RFC Europe mod also while playing as Germany and having 2 similarly named cities - Frankfurt and Frankfurt an der Oder.

Go in and remove the city name from the list so it won't keep reassigning it.

Removing a city name from the list is something that can only be done manually by editing a configuration file, I guess?

But you only have to do it once and then never worry about it again.

Top Bottom