Agh! Bad Carthage! Unit fortified on a mountain!

drubell

Prince
So I'm just enjoying my second game of G&K as the Mayans. Suddenly I see on the corner of my screen "-50 Attrition!" and I'm thinking "Wait, what?" I look over to see a Carthigenian scout on a mountain. I sighed, saying, "Come on guys, path better."

Then I scroll in and see that they ARE FORTIFIED ON THE MOUNTAIN!
Spoiler :

I want to slap them and say "No! Stop it! Bad Carthage!"

Worse still, that woman has the most infuriating voice I have ever heard. I feel like strangling her rather than making a pact with her. And then she attacked me suddenly anyway.

So I'm just enjoying my second game of G&K as the Mayans. Suddenly I see on the corner of my screen "-50 Attrition!" and I'm thinking "Wait, what?" I look over to see a Carthigenian scout on a mountain. I sighed, saying, "Come on guys, path better."

Then I scroll in and see that they ARE FORTIFIED ON THE MOUNTAIN!
Spoiler :

I want to slap them and say "No! Stop it! Bad Carthage!"

If they're fortified on a mountain then they'll be dead in two turns. Carthaginian units can cross mountains, but they lose 50HP at the end of each turn if they're still on a mountain.

Don't even ask me how I found that out. :blush:

If they're fortified on a mountain then they'll be dead in two turns. Carthaginian units can cross mountains, but they lose 50HP at the end of each turn if they're still on a mountain.

Tried crossing that mountain in Italy with a bunch of elephants? Yeah, that doesn't work :p

You read their unique ability? :confused:

You read their unique ability? :confused:

If you must know, I sent a GE accompanied by a Composite Bowman to a city a few tiles away. I had a war going on and it didn't occur to me that they'd path right on to an intervening mountain range. I realized my oversight when the game announced that they were both dead. Yeah, I was embarrassed.

Well I mean what happened afterward was the idiot scout decided to sit and heal for a while on the mountain and ended up suiciding.

Playing as Pacal
Continents
Emperor

As seen in the screenshot above, a Carthaginian scout is fortified and healing on a mountain which will make it blow up in two turns. The scout is on a mountain east of my eastmost city.

I didn't have civil service so I couldn't test if the scout would move if I opened borders with Carthage or not.

Clearly Carthage is is either prioritizing not angering the city-state (because it would have to move through it to get back to uncontested lands) over units' survival or it's healing without realizing that it's on a mountain. Please make a change so Carthage units prioritize survival over angering city-states an/or recognizes that they're on mountain tiles.

Save attached here.

Attachments

• Pacal_0098 BC-0425.Civ5Save
    993.7 KB · Views: 38
Top Bottom