[GS] AI always ahead of me? Did something change?

I've seen no evidence to the contrary. I think the extra units are in the eras file (not at a computer to double check). I don't know where the combat bonus is, but I know it's zero on prince. Don't know where any other adjustments are.
Most adjustments are in the Modifiers and ModifierArguments table in the database. I'm talking about the SQLite database that's actually used by the game as opposed to the XML files used to build that database when the game runs but the structure is usually quite similar. You can't directly see the games' database because it resides in memory only but it creates a copy of that database called DebugGameplay.sqlite in My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Cache. Not sure whether you need to set some debugging switch in config.ini or not but i've used that database to get the info i wanted since Civ5.

@Naeshar Thanks for this, didn't look there. It seems like it's only for the bonus units but it's interesting. What's really interesting is that it looks like the free Settler on Emperor + depends on the first district being created just like the free builder which isn't mentioned on the wiki linked by @Stilgar08
<Row Era="ERA_ANCIENT" Unit="UNIT_SETTLER" AiOnly="true" MinDifficulty="DIFFICULTY_EMPEROR" DifficultyDelta="0.5" OnDistrictCreated="true"/>
No way to know if it is 100% accurate, but here is what the Civ VI Manual says:
It's probably true if it's in the manual. It's also what the wiki says.
That was probably changed after, or maybe before release of the first vanilla Civ6 as my info came from some pre-release dev stream so it's very old.

Anyway, for the topic, i think we all agree the AI have seen numerous improvements and i dare it now works for what it's intended (it's not great, but it works) which means we can no longer faceroll it on equal difficulty.

What's really interesting is that it looks like the free Settler on Emperor + depends on the first district being created just like the free builder
The city center is that first district; the free settler doesn't appear until they found their city with their first settler.

Top Bottom