AI Behavior when Cultural Victory Disabled?

Halcyan2

Emperor
I love Great Works and the Tourism system from BNW. However, I dislike how the Cultural Victory condition can sneak up on you and there is little you can do to prevent/delay it (I like marathon games that last into the Future Era). So I am thinking of playing games where CV is disabled, but where I still spend a lot of time focusing on culture and tourism (the improvements to tourism in the latest patch help this out).

I am just curious if anyone knows how AI behavior will change when Cultural Victory is disabled. To what extent will they still (or no longer) develop culture and tourism?

Thanks.

Culture and Tourism still have value whether or not the Cultural Victory condition is enabled, so I imagine it wouldn't change much about the AI behavior.

Culture and Tourism still have value whether or not the Cultural Victory condition is enabled, so I imagine it wouldn't change much about the AI behavior.

What exactly is the value of tourism if CV is disabled?

What exactly is the value of tourism if CV is disabled?

Ideological influence as well as city flipping.

In addition, since the latest patch, each tourism tier means more science from trade routes, spies establish surveillance quicker and less population loss/resistance upon city capture towards the target civilization.

I don`t know what will happen if only cv is turned off, but I have tried games with only DomV on. The AI will focus less on tourism because most of their production and tech will be focused on military. They will still build culture wonders and dig sites etc but only when they can afford it after all the warmongering thats going on. They will most likely not take aestethics tree and freedom ideology. You will still find that the runaway civs have high culture and tourism but its not going to be as high when cv is turned on.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Top Bottom