1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Main site is finally re-opened! We migrated it to a new CMS and gave it a new layout as well.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Downloads database has been migrated and re-opened! Check it out and post in Site Feedback if any issue. We have done URL re-write so that old links will continue to work.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A new Civ6 theme forum style is now available and it's made the default forum style! Check it out and comment here.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. We have successfully migrated the forum from vBulletin to Xenforo! Please take a look around and report any issue you see in Site Feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

AI Combat cheating? No YOU are trying to cheat in combat

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by KriFos, Nov 5, 2001.

1. KriFos

KriFos Chieftain

Sep 21, 2001
    I have seen lots of discussion about AI cheating in combat... One thread said it was tested out properly by saving first, then loading the same battle over and over again (if im correct).

Well, in Civ2, you could easily cheat that way, just save before you did a combat, and you would never ever lose a unit...

Now it seems like it is a bit more complicated, i dont know how and why, but no matter how many times i load a combat, i get the exact same result... One way to go past this is to just skip a turn, then you would get a different outcome next time...

I bet they are somehow making eventual battle outcomes right after the previous turn ends (between turns) or something, to stop this "exploit"...
  2. Setsuna

Setsuna Polemical Poster

Oct 28, 2001
    And if everyone who was complaining had just been trying to reload their save games, you'd have a point.

This is a consistent problem that happens frequently in the game. Though I don't chalk it up to AI cheating.
  3. Dearmad

Dearmad Dead weight

Aug 18, 2001
    Seperate issues here- the random numbers are not reseeded after you load again so you will get the same series of random numbers- it's a typical way to cut down a bit on cheating in games.

Other issue is debated elsewhere in this board.