AI doesn't try to stop my diplo victory

Also, why does an AI have that much money in the first place? It should be used on a world beating army

A good suggestion I've seen on this forum would be to make city states vote for the civ they've spent the largest number of turns allied to throughout the game, not simply the one they're allied with on the turn of the vote. Would get rid of the AI being able to snipe city states on the turn of the vote (with the human then at a big disadvantage by going first in the turn order).

Might have problems though on island maps. Better solution might be time allied after industrial congress

A good suggestion I've seen on this forum would be to make city states vote for the civ they've spent the largest number of turns allied to throughout the game, not simply the one they're allied with on the turn of the vote. Would get rid of the AI being able to snipe city states on the turn of the vote (with the human then at a big disadvantage by going first in the turn order).

Good idea. Or since they get two votes each (right?) perhaps one goes to the current ally and the other to the longest ally.

Another idea is to have city states update their allegiances a random number of turns (say between 3-5) after money is sent their way. Or to put it another way, the money gifted doesn't arrive for a while...

As you can see in the attached images, Gajah Mada doesn't try to stop me from winning a diplomatic victory, even though he is swimming in gold (92712 :c5gold:, 838 per turn). I'm currently allied with all the 16 city states, but he does nothing and lets me to win.

I've also attached the savegame.

Yep, happens in my games as well (immortal/diety). This is definitely a huge programming bug. Not only doesnt stopping you from winning a diplomatic victory, it won't even spend all this amount of gold YEARS AGO to buy military units and wipe every1 off the map.

This happens in all levels from settler to diety, so there is no excuse. (i could bare with it, if at least happened ONLY to lower difficulties).
Try to win AI, just try to win.. Even if that meant that you would drop me @ KING level struggling to get a w/e type victory..

The conclusion: We all wish for a smarter AI, even if that means that we won't be able to win over KING level. We don't need 8 levels of difficulty, where we encounter the same level of stupidity (lack of programming) of AI, just dropping some extra techs, happiness or settlers for the AI in each level..

we had smarter ai, but then people whined about AIs getting mad at you for going after same victory conditions. So that got turned off.

I've moved up to Immortal recently and have won a few games. I'm no expert, but from what I've seen at this level, the player would not be able to win a Diplo victory if the AI really spent all the :c5gold: it had. It would probably take 500 influence to get a city-state ally.

Honestly if they tried to block you from getting those victories you'd be hear complaining about how utterly impossibly it is to get those victories.

Going by this, the victories should be made slightly easier. Otherwise the victories are reliant on AI design, meaning they're less viable in multplayer.

As long as player-vs-player is fun and immerive(ish), then the AI acting like a player (with handicaps to cover their weaknesses) will be a good thing.

I've moved up to Immortal recently and have won a few games. I'm no expert, but from what I've seen at this level, the player would not be able to win a Diplo victory if the AI really spent all the :c5gold: it had. It would probably take 500 influence to get a city-state ally.

Definitely true. I've been an advocate of putting a "ceiling" on the AI's gold handicap so that AI playing a gold game doesn't become ridiculously rich.

Top Bottom