AI Leader change mid-game

Holy Cheese

Chieftain
I'm in the middle of playing my first ever LoR game as Ataturk, and noticed something yesterday that I have never seen before.

One of my neighbours is (was) Pericles of Greece. I had been doing a lot of trading with him, so he was a constant feature on the screen. Then at one point I wanted to try a further trade with him, but when the visual came up it was suddenly Alexander who was leading the Greeks? Is this a normal feature of LoR, something that maybe happened due to a change of status of the Greek nation - I noticed around about this time that they changed to being a Kingdom.

Am also having a small glitch in that I occasionally get messages saying that so-and-so has no worst enemy, and one of these messages is coming up without a leaders name - it just says "has no worst enemy", but doesn't say who.

Must say, the revolution feature makes life very interesting - there are constantly new nations forming, and I've had to be on my toes to manage my own empire to prevent revolutions - an excellent addition to the gameplay :) Looking forward to finish off my current game, so I can start on the LoR GOTM!

Cheers
Jack

Pericles wasn't keeping his people happy and they either revolted or voted him out of office. It can happen to the player, too. I had a lot of happy people, but my capitol wasn't particularly fond of me- I let them hold elections and I won.

As stated the leader change is due to a Revolution. Basically certain types of revolutions (usually ones based on Empire wide effects, and that are occurring in multiple cities across the empire) will give the player (AI or human) the option to not have a revolution, and instead change the leader. For the human this means they give up control of their civ for 20 turns, which can be very frustrating, as the AI is terrible..., it's hard to decide what to do when you're faced with this decision; and for the AI the leader simply switches.

The Worst enemy message is a known bug found in the version of the BUG UI mod, which LoR uses. It's extremely minor, and bug got along with it fine. This was fixed in the 4.2 update for BUG, which will be incorporated in the next release. Version 0.9.8 of LoR will be out once I get some translations in for the new text, or at the end of the weekend, whichever comes first.

Thanks for the replies gents - I do like the sound of that, leaders changing mid-stream, very realistic :)

The "Worst Enemy" bug is certainly no big deal, I'd never used BUG before (only BUFFY) and had never seen it, nor followed any discussions about, therefore was blissfully ignorant!

You've done a great job on this phungus420, looking forward to the next update - thanks!

Jack

Top Bottom