AI tournament: Season 3

Hahaha!! Who was laughing to my typos few weeks ago? lymond 1 - 1 me, Robert scores :D!!

:p hmmrrrrph! In my defense, it was not a typo by the way. There are other meanings of the word as in the context of my post:

Lymond Scores!!!! :ar15::band::trophy:

Hey Kos...remember now, you must focus more time on this tournament and not that silly SGOTM thing, right? What's your team name again? Also Quacked Sid?:lol:

You don't hear "boob tube" much anymore. It means television, and I assume is a pejorative implying TV turns us into idiots. Considering the mindless vapid wasteland comprising much of American TV this is not far from the truth.

where u b from pangaea

kos, no props for the faux team name

I seem to remember a 'boob tube' being a kind of dress or women's top that just covers the... er... bosom with no shoulder straps.

I seem to remember a 'boob tube' being a kind of dress or women's top that just covers the... er... bosom with no shoulder straps.

for the Brits

..that looks like sad mood, can i request you replace that with something happier :b

ha..it's a weird thing I doodled in Paint as I was messing with something else. I thought it quite avant-garde. I'll try to find something happier for you soon ;)

winner - Pericles (ladies' man)
runner up - Suleiman (alpha dog)
wildcard - Darius (preppy boy)

why darius? he technically didn't make any BIG mistake like Charles did; if he tried a bit harder he could've easily vassal'd nappy or even possibly Pacal if he weren't such sissy.
FINAL STANDING:
1st - Pericles :king:
(What a game by pericles! not only was he being Dow'd by 2 strong opponents, he sneaked out an unexpected victory at the end that definitely deserves bonus points :eek:, fantastic finish)

2nd - Suleiman (too solid, but everything about the Ottomans are boring)

3rd - Darius (he can take a lesson or two from his brother cyrus)

4th - Charles (bad traits, bad starting tech, inferior UU and tech rate; at the end you can see his land is being squished by surrounding AIs due to cultural pressure. But if it wasn't for Sully, Charles might had a shot at winning this game by pure military domination).

5th - Pacal (1st to finish the apollo program gives him a slight edge over vicky)

6th - Vicky (I was expecting vicky to go on an onslaught with her redcoats this game but instead she played as if she was lizzy, very disappointing effort)

7th - Nappy (I like nappy a lot; he is aggressive and edgy unlike toku:nono:, if he had went for pacal instead, it would've been a very different result from Mr. Dynamite here).

I have to disagree here, i'm convinced Charly deserves wildcard more than Darius.
Darius didnt make any big mistakes like Charly did, i agree. That's because Darius has been struggling all game against Napoleon and nothing resulted from this war. Darius has been bad the entire game, thus making any eventual mistake not noticeable. Whereas Charly has been pretty good all game (at some point he was equal to Sully), and only his really bad decisions cost him the game

Get the longbowman avatar back, lymond- or change the avatar :)! It is just weird that your avatar guy is crying instead of laughing since you make good jokes all the time :D! Get something fun, like Conan o'Brian or something. Oh, wait- that can't be done! There is already someone who did it, Coco The King or something. Is the show even funny? I know that the weird Eurovision winner Lordi from Finland was there :lol:

The next game is coming up soon, I've finally got a map!

Any pre-game favourites?

Last game had only 3 AIs that are warmongers (Sully, Charly and Nappy); this time, there are 5.5 of them. I'm expecting a not-so peaceful game!

JC - will he utilize his Praet effectively?

Monty - Monty is a juggernaut; unfortunately, there just aren't that many peaceful AIs this game for him to prey on. So the question would be: will he have a successful early game? If not, it will be all down hill from there.

Gilgamesh - Not sure about this AI, he can be either passive but when provoked in the wrong way, he can be deadly

Peter - Whenever I play against the Russians, it's ALWAYS cathy. What will Peter bring to the table?

Suryvarman - A solid AI, I'm looking forward to Sury to do well this game.

DeGaulle - It's one of those AI that leaves you baffled. Good at the hands of the human, but how will the AI play him?

WangKon - PRO trait will be helpful (5 out of 7 leaders have an aggressive rating of 7/10 or higher). If Wang can get a good starting location and expand peacefully to 10+ cities and not get entangled in to too many wars, he can try to sneak a space vic which we don't see very often.

Winner + Runner-up: Sury or JC

Wildcard - WK

I rarely see JC do well, I think it's because the AI can't meta game to leverage his UU.

I don't see anyone in that group who'll be able to keep up with Wang in tech. Koreans for space I say, unless Sury wins domination before that.

Winner/Runner-up: Sury or Peter

Wildcard: Giggles/JC

-------------------

@kossin, about start equalizing
Spoiler :
In case you didn't see the post, I think it would be good to actually delete a bit of forest when there's too much of it
RE: the forest syndrome.

May I point in the direction of this post by elitetroops for future map equalization?

In my games Wang is usually the weakling everyone bullies. With mysticism and financial trait he can quickly grab a religion and make friends, but if Monty grabs his own early religion and declares war, he will probably fall.

DeGaulle is the only industrious leader, so i believe he will be the wonderwhore. Too bad there are many aggressive neighbours.

I predict, that Sury will be the Winner/Runner up. Peter and Gilgamesh come close. Wildcard can go to anyone.

I don't see any nice perspective for Wang. All other AIs are far less peacefull then him on a peacescale, so Wang will be hatred early by most of the civs. Except for Wang Gilgamesh can be a nice techer as well as Rome, so I predict:
Win + Runner-up + WC: JC/Gilg + DeGaulle

Early vassalised Wang will be a torn in his master's .... making him being attacked by aggresive coalitions

Top Bottom