AI won't go to peace

pickle

Lord of the Preserves
I am in my first game since the patch and the ai will not make peace with me no matter how the war is going, I have been at war with alexander for 150+ turns and he still refuses to even entertain the idea despite me taking a few of his cities and him barely managing to kill any of my units, and now liz and siam have declared as well about 20 and 15 turns ago respectively and they won't talk either. anyone else had this since the patch? before of a war was going nowhere after a while the AI would generally accept peace but now they will not even consider the idea, it is really getting old.

Yeah, if you take or even endganger a city, the A.I. will back off.

He said he's taken a few.

Sometimes the AI will be willing to make peace kinda early, but if you proceed to kick its butt you make it mad and then refuses forever, holding out for other AI's to declare on you. I've seen it happen: they offer peace with gold and gpt, I refuse, take a city, they then refuse peace and 1 or 2 other civs DoW me. It might be the warmongering thing...

don't think I have ever been offered peace, they just flat out refused. am on an archipelago map and they are supposedly a lot more powerful than me but my navy is awesome so no one can get to my island to attack. it might be that they think that they are a lot more powerful than me so they are planning on crushing me but I haven't had to deal with any real attempted invasion, basically all they have done is pillage a couple of my work boats and all I have done is kick them off my island (the reason I went to war in the first place) then take a couple of their cities that were on small islands so that I could get the lux that were there.

don't think I have ever been offered peace, they just flat out refused. am on an archipelago map and they are supposedly a lot more powerful than me but my navy is awesome so no one can get to my island to attack. it might be that they think that they are a lot more powerful than me so they are planning on crushing me but I haven't had to deal with any real attempted invasion, basically all they have done is pillage a couple of my work boats and all I have done is kick them off my island (the reason I went to war in the first place) then take a couple of their cities that were on small islands so that I could get the lux that were there.
You explained it yourself. AI won't start negotiating with you until they become weak enough to consider you a threat even if you're defeating them in reality.

You explained it yourself. AI won't start negotiating with you until they become weak enough to consider you a threat even if you're defeating them in reality.

This. :agree:

Top Bottom