Air & Missile Bases

daviiadams

Prince
Finally got to upload this to the browser :)

Mod contains 3 units:

• Base Commander
  • Missile Commander
  • VSTOL Harrier

Base Commander - Unit supports 3 air class units, as well as build the Airbase improvement that adds defensive properties. Unit has ranged attack.

Missile Commander - Unit supports 3 missile class units, as well as build the Missile Silo improvement that, again, adds defensive properties. Unit has ranged attack.

VSTOL Harrier - Air unit using the helicopter class, meaning that it's an aircraft unit that is not required to end it's turn at a base. Downside is that it cannot be carried by Carriers (or the Base Commander) as they use a different cargo class, meaning that they must embark to cross water.

As the commander units can carry their respective units, you can base the relevent unit and then have the commander travel across land, in the same way an carrier or missile cruiser move with the units aboad across water.

As these units are land based, they also embark to cross water, so rebasing units once you have the commander on the desired location would be safer than to carry the units en route!

can't download it can't find the URL.

yes "The request URL does not exist on the Server." sadly

i was waiting for it so long now :p

cant you upload it somewhere else?

You get "INVALID URL" instead of the download button, or does the error come up after clicking download?

I had read that subsequent to the modbuddy uploading issue, there had been a further issue with some mods, though I thought I was suitably later than others in uploading and had missed it. Will check, as I've no idea how/where to put it anywhere else :(

I don't get it...why not just upload the file to one of the numerous free file sharing sites? Its really easy and literally takes one minute to do so.

www.mediafire.com is one example. I use this site myself. I don't think you even have to register to upload a file.

I don't get it...why not just upload the file to one of the numerous free file sharing sites? Its really easy and literally takes one minute to do so.

www.mediafire.com is one example. I use this site myself. I don't think you even have to register to upload a file.

That's all something I've never dealt with before in all honesty and I had hoped for GameSpy to resolve the issue, or at least acknowledge it, what's gone wrong etc.

I'll look into doing that.

Another thing you could do is simply change the File ID and upload it as a new mod

I'd considered it, but wondered if I was likely to confound the problem with changing things after doing so with the version number made no difference etc. Especially with hoping GameSpy would look into it, could imagine being told it was my fault for changing IDs etc :confused:

I can't find the link? Is it because it's on the online mod hosting thing?

I run the mac version, and I don't think I can access that :p

I can't find the link? Is it because it's on the online mod hosting thing?

I run the mac version, and I don't think I can access that :p

Hadn't realised the Mac versions didn't have the Mod browser :eek:

But yes, indeed, it's only on the Mod browser at the moment.

Hey davii, so i found the mod on the mod broswer and I clicked download, but when you click the install mods button, it doesn't show up, its like it didn't download and it doesnt show up in my MODS folder either. Any idea whats wrong? Can you put the link up for the download on this forum?

Hey davii, so i found the mod on the mod broswer and I clicked download, but when you click the install mods button, it doesn't show up, its like it didn't download and it doesnt show up in my MODS folder either. Any idea whats wrong? Can you put the link up for the download on this forum?

Off the top of my head, I couldn't say what's up there. I'll look to getting this one up to download without need of the mod browser over the Easter weekend if I get the time.

It may be to do with the mod browser itself, I don't think the stats have updated for a good while and it had been a bit ill not long before, but I've not looked at it all for a while.

Have you tried deleting the cache folder?

Off the top of my head, I couldn't say what's up there. I'll look to getting this one up to download without need of the mod browser over the Easter weekend if I get the time.

It may be to do with the mod browser itself, I don't think the stats have updated for a good while and it had been a bit ill not long before, but I've not looked at it all for a while.

Have you tried deleting the cache folder?

Yeah I did delete the cache, I don't know what it could be, but if you have the time. Having the download somewhere else would be great! thanks for the help davii!

Top Bottom