Aircraft Bases

Flying Pig

Utrinque Paratus
Retired Moderator
Is it possible (I presume this would need SDK/Python work) to keep a certain type of aeroplane always based on a carrier, and unable to rebase to the ground?

It might be able to be done in the XML (though might still require Python/SDK). Granted, it wouldn't be a plane per se, it would be more of a carrier that had an air range and access to the recon mission. If you did it like that, the ship would still be a ship, but the recon missions animation would send a little aeroplane flying over the tile you reconed. It would save cargo capacity as well. Just a thought. Otherwise I doubt it'd be possible, how would you train it?

Each action button typically has a constant defined in CvEnums.h. I would look for REBASE in that file (hopefully find ACTION_REBASE). Then look for that same full constant name in CvDLLWidgetData.cpp IIRC; this is where the actions are handled. It will call out to some other function (probably on CvUnit), and here is where you'll need to check that the destination plot contains a carrier with cargo capacity. You'll also need to make sure that the plane gets loaded onto the carrier instead of into the city.

Top Bottom