Airport Icon

Admiral Armada

The Admiral of Armadas
Where is it? I mean the actual file. It is not showing up on my city bars, so im assuming i missed merging it over.

So i can see an airplane graphic inside the GameFont_75 tga file (just opening it in XnView), but it doesnt show on the City bar. My game font has many more icon in it, could that be causing the problem?

Are you definitely running BULL? What do you see when you hover over your flag next to the minimap?

Maybe a screenshot would help.
In this shot Timbuktu has an airport, and the other city does not. Im assuming that the blank spot next to the trade route icon is where the airport icon is supposed to go.

Attachments

• airport0000.JPG
    airport0000.JPG
    232.2 KB · Views: 82
Looks like. You said you added icons to the font file? If so, make sure the little dot in the right border of the cell is in the right place and of the right color. Try using the font file from BULL to verify where the problem lies.

I renamed my version of GameFont and stuck in the one from the Bull release, that removed all the icons from the city bar. Mine is missing the airplane icon it seems. How can a put the airplane icon into my version of gamefont?

You must use DXTbmp which allows you to edit the game font. With it you can copy a glyph from one file to another, though it is a PITA. You must line things up just right. The airplane icon needs to go in the same place where it is in BULL's file or you need to modify the SDK to look in the place where you put it.

I recommend asking in the graphics forum if you have any trouble. I had NikNaks do the graphics, and some others helped merge that file.

The SDK you say...hmmm:hmm:
What function should i look at?
Could I tell it to look in a completely different file for that one icon?

Nope, the icons to display about the city bar are returned as a string where each Unicode character denotes a font glyph in the font file. Since the map-drawing code is in the EXE there's no way to mix . . . well, maybe there is.

You can embed image files in text strings using BTS's xml-like format, but I've never tried it on the city bar. I think you're far better off just getting the glyph in that font file. Is it not present in your file? Have you opened it in DXTbmp?

Sounds like a lot of work.
It is not, have a look.
Truth be told i dont know where Phungus got this gameFont, it looks like it has a bunch of stuff in it that is never used.

Attachments

• GameFont.zip
    299.9 KB · Views: 50
Top Bottom