Album Artwork

Then I had to go looking through my old physical media collections for album covers I liked:
Spoiler :

Several years ago, I played "the fake album cover game" on another site. If I remember the game, there was a 'random page' feature on Wikipedia, and that would be the name of your band; there was a random quote page somewhere, and you had to take either the first few words or the last few words of a random quote, and that was your album title; and then you'd get a random photo from one of the picture hosting services and that was your artwork. Then you'd assemble it however you could. I think I did a few dozen, but here are some of the more successful ones, imo.

Part of the game, and I suppose it has to be part of creating a real album cover for a real band, is making it so the viewer can tell which is the name of the band and which is the name of the album, and maybe intuit some sense of what style of music it is. In this game, the only things you had control over were how you manipulated the image, where you placed the text, and what fonts and effects you used.

Attachments

• fake album cover 03.jpg
    fake album cover 03.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 6
  • fake album cover 04.jpg
    fake album cover 04.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 5
  • fake album cover 05.jpg
    fake album cover 05.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 4
  • fake album cover 07.jpg
    fake album cover 07.jpg
    644.9 KB · Views: 5
  • fake album cover 14.jpg
    fake album cover 14.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 6
  • fake album cover 15.jpg
    fake album cover 15.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 6
Several years ago, I played "the fake album cover game" on another site. If I remember the game, there was a 'random page' feature on Wikipedia, and that would be the name of your band; there was a random quote page somewhere, and you had to take either the first few words or the last few words of a random quote, and that was your album title; and then you'd get a random photo from one of the picture hosting services and that was your artwork. Then you'd assemble it however you could. I think I did a few dozen, but here are some of the more successful ones, imo.

Part of the game, and I suppose it has to be part of creating a real album cover for a real band, is making it so the viewer can tell which is the name of the band and which is the name of the album, and maybe intuit some sense of what style of music it is. In this game, the only things you had control over were how you manipulated the image, where you placed the text, and what fonts and effects you used.

oh i did this too! i think the game was here on CFC too, i'm sure. i wonder if we can pull it up somewhere, would be fun to do again.

Then you'd assemble it however you could. I think I did a few dozen, but here are some of the more successful ones, imo.
I'd be interested in listening to at least 5/6 of those! :D

Top Bottom