Alexander cracks me up, short game story

cembandit

Warlord
So I start a game as nebby. Alexander right away starts taunting me for having a low culture...Im like...ok...

He goes on mocking me while I go about building 3 cities. It's kinda funny how He would open up a diplo conversation without actually wanting anything, just to make fun of me.

So I have 3 cities and 5 troops: 3 bowmen, a scout, and 2 warriors. Alexander builds the great library. I'm like, whoaa....i check my military advisior and hes like, lets go kill that overly joyous bastage. So I take some units up to his 1 city and lay waste to his 1 warrior. Easy free wonder.

Anyone else notice AI hating them off the bat? Seems there some random " I HATE YOU " chance for AI on meeting them. It was a lot of fun showing the prancing greek the error of his ways. I also thought it was interesting that he focused on pure culture.

How dare you sack the pleasure palace of the greeks! You have disrupted the monthly greek orgy rituals that ensure a healthy population next year!

the disturbing thing is that some AIs don't expand after couple cities... what's the deal with that?

if its India, then thats sorta their thing, a small number of big cities.

for most other civ's I've seen exactly the opposite, almost city spam from some of them.

never encountered this particular problem. The AI's in my games expand almost recklessly. What difficulty level are you playing on?

i think prince... i played couple games and i ran into a couple civs that had 1 city when i had like 5 and another that had only 2 when i had like 6 or 7.

maybe i'm expanding too fast.

Quick question: WHY is that India's thing? India is a huge country with lots of very rural areas. It seems more suited to someone like Japan. Of course, nobody can let japan be anything except brutally warlike.

Quick question: WHY is that India's thing? India is a huge country with lots of very rural areas. It seems more suited to someone like Japan. Of course, nobody can let japan be anything except brutally warlike.

at least they open borders now easily. i hated the previous games where japan never wanted to share open borders unless you were very friendly.

because India has massive hugely populated cities, and in order to represent that in the game without making it too unbalanced, you have put some sort of limit to the number of cities they have.

as for Japan... the whole boshido samurai thing is pretty central to the western perception of Japanese culture... whether its accurate or not, thats what people in the west think of when they think of Japan... that or schoolgirls.

the disturbing thing is that some AIs don't expand after couple cities... what's the deal with that?

Different strategies call for different levels of expansion, Endless spamming of cities, is not neccessarily the best way to go.

I had a similar game. England would come to me just to insult me and she was no match for my muskets.

Wait till after you've wiped out a few city states and every few turns some idiot sends a messenger just to say "IT SURE SUCKS THERE ARE MEAN PEOPLE LIKE YOU IN THE WORLD, HUH??"

Whichever one is nagging me at the time is the next in line to die, I say

because India has massive hugely populated cities, and in order to represent that in the game without making it too unbalanced, you have put some sort of limit to the number of cities they have.

as for Japan... the whole boshido samurai thing is pretty central to the western perception of Japanese culture... whether its accurate or not, thats what people in the west think of when they think of Japan... that or schoolgirls.

I wouldn't object to a school girl trait.

Yeah Bismarck kept on insulting my military even though I had won the most battles and Conquered two civilizations. But Now I'm in 1890 and Bismarck is actually kicking my a** with super tech while I attack him with musketmen and Samurai D: all my hard work is going down the drain.

I am currently playing a game as Washington on a Large Earth map - I started in Thailand. Alexander was the only civ to my East and he did the same thing: taunting me every 10-20 turns or so. When he started attacking my city state ally, I finally went up there with 2 swordsmen, 2 horsemen, and 1 archer. He had nothing but Warriors and Archers defending his only city.

So: he never built either of his two, early UUs, and he attacked the city state nearest him, despite his special ability. Weird.

Top Bottom