Alien nest generation and map size

brucethem00se

Chieftain
First of all, hello! I'm new here :D

So anyway, I'm trying to tweak the default/DLC Civ:BE map generation scripts, but there are 2 things I can't seem to find in the Lua files.

1: How do I increase/decrease the frequency of Alien nest spawning? I'm trying to start a special alien horde game, but I can't find anything about nest generation in the Lua files.

2: Is there a way to easily increase the "massive" map size? Things feel a bit cramped with 12 civs.

I've tried messing with the defines, but it's hard to tell how much things change when alien distribution is so random from game to game anyway.

Setting them all of these to 1 certainly lessened things:
Code:
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 1 WHERE Name = 'ALIEN_NEST_MAX_SPAWN_RATE';  --default 16
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 1 WHERE Name = 'ALIEN_NEST_MIN_SPAWN_RATE';  --default 6
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 1 WHERE Name = 'ALIEN_NEST_RECOVERY_RATE';  --default 25
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 1 WHERE Name = 'ALIEN_SEA_UNIT_MAX_SPAWN_CHANCE'; --default 20
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 1 WHERE Name = 'ALIEN_SEA_UNIT_MIN_SPAWN_CHANCE'; --default 5
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 1 WHERE Name = 'ALIENS_NEST_SPAWN_MAX_RANGE'; --default 2
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 1 WHERE Name = 'MAX_ALIENS_FROM_NEST_NEARBY'; --default 5

I tried setting the min and max spawn rate to zero, but the game hung up and wouldn't let me land.

Note that Aliens.lua controls the spawning of the Aliens themselves, but the nests might be in the DLL.

I've tried messing with the defines, but it's hard to tell how much things change when alien distribution is so random from game to game anyway.

Setting them all of these to 1 certainly lessened things:
Code:
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 1 WHERE Name = 'ALIEN_NEST_MAX_SPAWN_RATE';  --default 16
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 1 WHERE Name = 'ALIEN_NEST_MIN_SPAWN_RATE';  --default 6
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 1 WHERE Name = 'ALIEN_NEST_RECOVERY_RATE';  --default 25
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 1 WHERE Name = 'ALIEN_SEA_UNIT_MAX_SPAWN_CHANCE'; --default 20
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 1 WHERE Name = 'ALIEN_SEA_UNIT_MIN_SPAWN_CHANCE'; --default 5
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 1 WHERE Name = 'ALIENS_NEST_SPAWN_MAX_RANGE'; --default 2
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 1 WHERE Name = 'MAX_ALIENS_FROM_NEST_NEARBY'; --default 5

I tried setting the min and max spawn rate to zero, but the game hung up and wouldn't let me land.

Note that Aliens.lua controls the spawning of the Aliens themselves, but the nests might be in the DLL.

Ya, I think nest generation is in the .dll somewhere, as those are the only places the word "nest" shows up when I search all the .lua files in the assets folder. I assume there's no easy way to tweak the .dll, right?

Ty though, upping those values should get me what I want. Spawning more "wilderness" in a map script should also have the same effect.

Top Bottom