All leader portraits

I'm pretty sure it's just a depiction of a samurai warrior - someone on pintrerest has incorrectly labelled the image I assume. Genghis Khan wasn't the one who launched the invasions of Japan, it was Kublai, so depictions of a Mongol ruler from the Japanese PoV would have most likely been of him instead. Even then, Mongols did not use war fans like the one the rider is holding in the image (not with the iconic red sun on them at least :lol:), and they didn't have crescents on their helmets.

It is Possible. It is usual to see that the artist in medieval era don't know about the arms and armour of a foreign army, so they draw a foreign army like an army of his own country. I don't know wheather this painting is in this situation or not, though.

Can somebody make the Xerxes picture blurry to see if it matches C5?
This is my attempt. I hold my conclusion from earlier, apart from the fact that I think both images shows a man (with a hat) in profile, I don't see the match AT ALL.

Actually, I do think C5 is probably Mongolian. The style of uniform is very similar:

Ogedei Khan

Spoiler :

Yes, this is also my interpretation of the image. The top one is not the source, but it shows exactly what I think the original does.

Lol, I just searched for Tamar of Georgia on bing and this was one of the results:

Apparently somebody added it to her Wikipedia article as a joke. :lol:

Spoiler :

Is the closest I've found...But not a good enough match imo. You'd think it would help the whole being between Germany and Greece alphabetically, but I guess whoever they chose must be really really obscure...

...Or Spain has 2 leaders and either Germany or Greece has two leaders...

I don't think we're going to have more than one leader per civ at least without any DLC. I mean, why Spain and not the US? There are 22 leaders and only 18 will be released as far as we know, so probably the reason to put Felipe II and Isabel of Portugal there is that they have two interesting options for Spanish leaders according to their historical agendas, and maybe they see Felipe II as a better choice, but they may be looking for another woman to be added to the game, and this may be an election between a Spanish female leader and another female leader for other civ. That means B5 is an alternate female leader for Germany or Greece. Well, this is just my oppinion.

So, I've been playing around with C5, and by enlarging it a lot and changing saturation, a fairly clear image seems to emerge. The figure has his chest exposed, but is wearing something across it. He is wearing a large hat.
Spoiler :

There is clearly no horse in the picture, and it is clearly a close up on the figure. The character definitely appears male; as opposed to breasts, the chest looks a lot more male.

What I can see in this picture does not look a lot like my previous interpretation of it being an Ottoman, though it is still possible this figure is wearing a turban.

Spoiler :

So, I've been playing around with C5, and by enlarging it a lot and changing saturation, a fairly clear image seems to emerge. The figure has his chest exposed, but is wearing something across it. He is wearing a large hat.
Spoiler :

Conan the Barbarian confirmed.

Wow, now that I think about it, it does actually look ridiculously similar to Conan! Anyone have any ideas about historical figures that could resemble this?

It suppose it could be a hand in front of him. I'm not sure about that though.

Arnold Schwarzenegger confirmed as the guvernator of California.

Looks like a horned helmet, or a wolf skin mantel. And it looks like he is breathing fire or puking

Can some one do the same treatment to B 5?

Maybe it's a statue of one of those SEA leaders with crossed arms after all. :D

At least, I wish it was.

Quick album of some Native American leaders in a similar pose/clothing to B5. Nothing revolutionary here, just adding fuel to the possible fire that B5 could be from NA (I bloody well hope it is).

Top Bottom