All leader portraits

That picture of Montezuma II is one of the first results on Google image search for Montezuma I, so if anything it solidifies the theory that they just got the wrong Isabella's picture and we do have Isabella I for Spain.

So the leader of the Aztecs is revealed to be Montezuma I, not the pictured Montezuma II...

There isn't a particularly lifelike portrait of Montezuma I, given that the Aztecs didn't produce that sort of art themselves, and he died long before the Spanish turned up. So they probably just went for their favourite Aztec Emperor portrait of the ones available. I certainly don't expect the Aztecs to end up with two leaders (especially not Monty II!)

Tiritades III was decent king, allying with Rome in Roman-Persian wars and protecting Armenian kingdom, but the reason he is known is definitely the adoption of Christianity.

Not to confuse him with Tiritades the Great which founded brief Armenian Empire three centuries earlier, the highest extent of Armenia ever. Those two would be main candidates for Armenian civ.

Not Tigranes the Great?

so.. do you think they will model Isabella of Castille's appearance based on Isabella of Portugal? Unlike Monty I or II, there's enough European art / painting that illustrate them.. I think.

We already got Barbarossa right, so it can't be that bad. :p

But does mean that for the "mystery" portraits, we'd need to nail down not only what the image is but what the intention of the person posting it up there was. Maybe the ones people can't figure out are of a totally unrelated image that reminded the "author" of a famous leader for some reason. :D

so.. do you think they will model Isabella of Castille's appearance based on Isabella of Portugal? Unlike Monty I or II, there's enough European art / painting that illustrate them.. I think.

Yes, although these are reference photos anyway, and chances are they have multiple photos to base Isabella off. So who knows.

I believe the Gustavus in BNW was modeled after a different Swedish king named Gustavus

I think it was Eric XIV he was based off of, but you're definitely right that they used a different leader as inspiration for his design. I'm certain Montezuma I is just based of the painting of Montezuma II because they liked how he looked in that painting. Or they just google searched 'Montezuma' and that's the image they got.

I think it was Eric XIV he was based off of, but you're definitely right that they used a different leader as inspiration for his design. I'm certain Montezuma I is just based of the painting of Montezuma II because they liked how he looked in that painting. Or they just google searched 'Montezuma' and that's the image they got.

The board is not a design reference. If it's not a tease for us (which is possible), it's some kind of info stand to discuss leaders and show their implementation state (as there are in-game and concept art pieces). Such board don't need accurate pics.

The board is not a design reference. If it's not a tease for us (which is possible), it's some kind of info stand to discuss leaders and show their implementation state (as there are in-game and concept art pieces). Such board don't need accurate pics.

It's worth mentioning that Civ VI's Montezuma has the jade nose and lip piercings from the portrait on the board, so they didn't throw it entirely out the window :lol:

Apparantly four leaders will be released as pre-order bonus and be made freely available to all "normal" buyers after 90 days. This means 22 leaders, which means the first post does not contain any tricks and is most likely correctly portraying all leaders which will show up.

I'm too lazy to go through hundreds of pages, but have you considered that maybe Pericles is not a leader of "Greece" but "Hellas", which would open up a few other civilizations for that spot between Greece and Germany?

Top Bottom