Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Jedi

Votes: 51 59.3%
  • Chuck Norris

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
Star Wars chocolates.

Spoiler :

Photographer Rocio Preciado of Hermosillo, Mexico made a Han Solo outfit for her son. And the dachshund actually is named Chewbacca.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Just watched the unaltered IV through VI trilogy. I had forgotten how awesome they were... Especially on a 52" wide screen TV with Dolby 5.3.

If VII sucks, well, we will always have these...

Unaltered, as in the way they were originally shown in their first runs in the theatre? As in Han shot first, and Jabba was not in the first one? No Hayden Christensen in the final scenes with Darth Vader?

I keep hearing that it's impossible to find those on DVD. I've got the unmessed-with trilogy on VHS.

I read this article this evening about a suggested viewing order of the Star Wars films. I think it's a really interesting idea.

Definitely interesting. Maybe I'll try this some day. I've never been able to force myself to watch any of the prequels all the way through.

Unaltered, as in the way they were originally shown in their first runs in the theatre? As in Han shot first, and Jabba was not in the first one? No Hayden Christensen in the final scenes with Darth Vader?

I keep hearing that it's impossible to find those on DVD. I've got the unmessed-with trilogy on VHS.
Yes. As they were shown in theaters. No Jabba until Return; Boba's original voice, the Ewok song, Han shoots first.

It was too awesome. More awesome than I remembered.

The unaltered trilogy was released in 2006, reluctantly approved by Lucas after considerable fan demand.

I read this article this evening about a suggested viewing order of the Star Wars films. I think it's a really interesting idea.

Yes. In a few months I will clear my mind and do this: IV; V; II; III then VI.

Brilliant!

I think that's a good idea too. Watching Star Wars in chronological order is even sillier than reading The Chronicles of Narnia in chronological order - no matter what the authors thought.

I remember quite enjoying Episodes 2 & 3 - not having seen them since - so the "machete order" idea to keep them in but in the middle is rather good.

I think I actually preferred I over II, if only because of the terrible wooden love scenes, but I need to try out the Machete sequence for myself some time.

... ugh... I also recall Obi-Wan discovering that Anakin had killed the younglins... his acting was so bad, or perhaps the directions he had to follow were so bad, I don't know.

People who get annoyed about Ewoks and Jar Jar Binks and so on have to remember: these are essentially children's films and they contain characters meant to appeal to children. It's also worth remembering that Lucas' dialogue has always been appalling and his characters wooden stereotypes. It's just that he was fortunate enough to have actors as charismatic as Alec Guinness and Harrison Ford to carry them off.

idiotically idiotic fan here . Much appreciate the first quote considering ı do still refuse the younglings thing and wouldn't have an opinion at the time of the clumsiness of portrayal . Have kinda my alternate universe , you know . Felt better though at Padme refusing Obi to die for Ani .

as for the Ewoks and Gungans they do follow the settings of the Star Wars before it was a story in space , certainly before 1973-4 period . They do match real people and it's racist of Caribbean Island people to be offended by the depiction of Jar Jar , specifically sounding like one . As if some Brown guy speaking funny can not throw a spanner to the works of Mighty White people , the Dutch to be precise ... Moderators , please don't infract me for this couple of gross sentences . Alec Guiness also saved the movie by dying in the end of first , throwing some dislocation to the flow of 3x3 set up though . He always liked the "adult" side of the tale ; but it would be like impossible to realise . Hence , no Darkness Falls but the Attack of the Clones , which is quite silly , considering the audience kinda roots for the Clones ... But there's still a bit to Star Wars and one good that comes out of Disney acquiring the rights and declaring the Expanded Universe as moot must be the deletion of Cade Skywalker , the drug addict that challenges Luke and stuff .

as for the coming movie , please 2D viewing option . Am seriously old , 3D turns me off seriously .

I think I actually preferred I over II, if only because of the terrible wooden love scenes, but I need to try out the Machete sequence for myself some time.

As do I, save for Anikan as a boy wiping out all the droids... Sheesh.

Light saber duel with Maul is awesome.

I liked the political scenes in TPM, as well as the Duel of the Fates sequence (of course), but there really isn't an awful lot to like in the rest of the film. I guess that I was so repelled by the horrible love dialogue in AotC that it eclipses Count Dooku and the Kamino plot in my mind.

I liked the political scenes in TPM, as well as the Duel of the Fates sequence (of course), but there really isn't an awful lot to like in the rest of the film. I guess that I was so repelled by the horrible love dialogue in AotC that it eclipses Count Dooku and the Kamino plot in my mind.

The What If of having Dooku be on the good side was a nice twist... And getting rid of the Kamino sequence altogether would not have harmed the film. And the battle between expendable droids and expendable clones was stupid.

And so many lightsabers my eyes hurt!

Here's 11 Things the Prequels Got Right.

Link to video.

I much preferred the Kamino sequence to the utterly pointless action sequence in the Utapau droid factory. Gosh, that section was almost tedious!

I much preferred the Kamino sequence to the utterly pointless action sequence in the Utapau droid factory. Gosh, that section was almost tedious!

D'Accord! Most of the Geanosis stuff was cut out in the "Turn to the Dark Side" prequel fan re-edit. (All three films edited into one 2 hour 47 minute film.) Which, is not bad.

Reading about the Star Wars re-releases has made me realize why I will always keep a VHS player around: to play my dad's 1990(ish) VHS unaltered (but still remastered) version of the original trilogy.

as for the Ewoks and Gungans they do follow the settings of the Star Wars before it was a story in space , certainly before 1973-4 period .
Original Star Wars came out in 1977.

Top Bottom