Altered Maps 2: Uber-Yugoslavia FTW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look pretty much the same to me. Although i would say the second one is more misleading, since there is not much difference between Russians and Ukrainians in the first place, so they decide pretty much at will.

That's enough. I really HAVE TO make a map which will show how to divide Ukraine realistically, since this one is so terribly misleading it hurts...

i always figured it would be split according to how the armies sat on the ground.

It probably wont be spilt at all, but I would think voting is a bigger indication of peoples feelings towards Russia than ethnicity TBH.

Ukraine should just have a vote in all pronvinces whether or not they want to join Russia. Problem solved.

Dear Poles.

You fought because you had to and you lost the war twice, once to the Germans and once to the Russians. After the war the Winning parties decided what your new borders should look like and that you should be communist. Thats how much you contributed, and thats how much anyone cared about you.

:lol: Amusing stuff..

Ukraine should just have a vote in all pronvinces whether or not they want to join Russia. Problem solved.
And the ones who don't want to can join the Hunnic Empire. We have hordes.

Take from this map what you will.

No Scandinavian Union not led by the Swedish is valid!

As long as its led by Scandinavians its fine! :) The dissolution of the Kalmar Union is the greatest disaster in Scandinavian history imo, and Gustav Vasa, patron of Sweden, the greatest traitor.

:lol: Amusing stuff..

Glad you can laugh about it ;).

Marry me?

:hatsoff:

Since I didn't really contribute to the topic earlier, heres a map I made of a slightly different, better, Europe ;) . And it was fun to make too! I feel like making an EU3 mod or something now.

New countries are: Republic of Czechoslovakia, United Kingdom of Scandinavia and Kingdom of Yugoslavia. The rest should be recognizable although the borders may have changed some.

No Polish Corridor..tsk tsk

The "Polish" Corridor can eat a phallus.
As long as its led by Scandinavians its fine! :) The dissolution of the Kalmar Union is the greatest disaster in Scandinavian history imo, and Gustav Vasa, patron of Sweden, the greatest traitor.
Psh. Swedes > Danes. If a Danish-led Kalmar Union was sooo great, how come Denmark without Sweden sucked so hard?
Gabryel Karolin said:
Since I didn't really contribute to the topic earlier, heres a map I made of a slightly different, better, Europe ;) . And it was fun to make too! I feel like making an EU3 mod or something now.

New countries are: Republic of Czechoslovakia, United Kingdom of Scandinavia and Kingdom of Yugoslavia. The rest should be recognizable although the borders may have changed some.
That map looks awfully familiar.

No Polish Corridor..tsk tsk

I actually first gave Poland a thin line of land from the coast west of Danzig. But when I looked at it it didn't seem right. Even if there was a small stripe there with Polish majority the Germans would never split Königsberg from the rest of Germany just to be nice. Poland got Posen, the southernmost tip of Schlesien [sp] and southern East Prussia. However I really don't see them getting a port for free and since Germany in this alt reality obviously didn't loose any world war that means they don't have one. If you look at the map you'll notice that Poland got Vilnius and Lithuania got Memel. I'm guessing Poland would have great interests in that port in this timeline. An 'unofficial' Polish port of sorts. Obviously the Polish corridor would be a hot topic here as in our own timeline.

Psh. Swedes > Danes. If a Danish-led Kalmar Union was sooo great, how come Denmark without Sweden sucked so hard?

Too small, too slow to reform into a modern nationstate. Wouldn't say they sucked though. Only they learned the hard way that a small nation, no matter how much they win, needs only loose once and its all over. For them it was Sweden taking Scania that sunk them into a permanent third rate power status. Of course later on Russia did the same to Sweden. Who knows what could have been accomplished if instead of killing eachother for the last millenia Denmark and Sweden would have worked together against Russians and Germans.

That map looks awfully familiar.

I used the colours from Paradox's Victoria some ;) .

Obviously the Polish corridor would be a hot topic here as in our own timeline.
We're working on re-Germanizing it again. (Mumbles about stupid 1466 Thorn peace and cession of 'Royal' Prussia and eastern Pomerania...) :p
Gabryel Karolin said:
Too small, too slow to reform into a modern nationstate. Wouldn't say they sucked though. Only they learned the hard way that a small nation, no matter how much they win, needs only loose once and its all over. For them it was Sweden taking Scania that sunk them into a permanent third rate power status.
Yeah, usually people pin it on the loss of the Sound Dues with the fall of Skane, but personally I think it had a good deal to do with the humbling Denmark got in their brief and poorly considered intervention in northern Germany during the 1620s. Waste of revenues, loss of trained men, and a vast decline in prestige followed from that little adventure, so it was certainly a good deal easier for Torstensson to come in a decade and a half later and pwn the bejeezus out of them. (So, a combination of the two events.)
Gabryel Karolin said:
Who knows what could have been accomplished if instead of killing eachother for the last millenia Denmark and Sweden would have worked together against Russians and Germans.
Depends on the divergent interests problem. Scandinavia has always been split in many ways, the Danes (with some major exceptions) and Norwegians looking west and outward, and the Swedes oriented towards the Baltic and the East. Would Denmark be willing to contribute in a war to protect Finland? I personally don't think so, overall; sure, a few monarchs, in the interests of Scandic solidarity, might keep up the eastern struggle, and the Livonian War showed that they did want to seek advantage there whenever they wanted, but in the event of a long, slow struggle against whatever polity emerged in Russia, the Danes wouldn't care as much as the Swedes. It wasn't fundamentally threatening to their national security and interests as it was to Sweden.
Gabryel Karolin said:
I used the colours from Paradox's Victoria some ;) .
I meant, similar to mine. :p

Look pretty much the same to me. Although i would say the second one is more misleading, since there is not much difference between Russians and Ukrainians in the first place, so they decide pretty much at will.

:rotfl: :lol: :lol:

HAHAHA
seriously learn some history! Taht is about the worst thing you can say to a Ukrainian! You'd be punched in the nose afterwards!

Not much difference? Pretty much the only similarity is Religion and Alphabet (and maybe Language, but i can't tell as a western slav).

Please, stop embarrassing yourself!!! :lol: I wished we had ukrainian posters in these forums!

I think the name referred to a mass balkanization of the world?

or a mass lumping-of-people-who-are-moderately-similar-but-hate-each-other-for-those-differences of the world

This is a little something I made for this map I work on and off on for Civ 3...

It's a scenario where the USA has become militaristic and has already began to rapidly annex the states of North America. Through diplomatic wit, the USA has also made sure that the European Union has formed - though Britain is a state that's "in association" with the Union. When Russia protested the expansion of the EU, the USA managed to broker a settlement that gave Russia free reign over the former Soviet Republics. When Russia tried to expand it's influence to Poland, the decision was made to fight it out, and the pro-EU and pro-"Slavic Pact" forces battle eachother for control of the country.

The USA has also performed a balancing act in the east - by allowing China and India to run free in respective spheres of influence and construct new empires for themselves.

In response to the growing imperialism by the major powers, the numerous Islamic states have set aside their differences and united in the cause of self-defense... and jihad. Their first task is to drive the American puppet regimes - Israel, Iraq and Afghanistan - from the region.

I could go more in-depth, but that's a basic backstory. White indicates actual borders in the scenario between countries, whereas a color denotes an alliance(for instance, the light green states have been clumped together for security/simplicity reasons in scenario design, while the expanded Russia and it's "allies" are lumped together in the Slavic Pact).

Just figured I'd share this with you all! :D May the flames of nationalist controversy burn bright!

Do Brazil and Uruguay control Central Africa?
The US has the former colonies in South America, plus Liberia and Sierra Leone?
Ireland, Sweden, Finland, Austria and Switzerland are together?
Philippines control Papua New Guinea?
China managed to conquer Vietnam?
Argentina and Chile are so very very lonely?

Do Brazil and Uruguay control Central Africa?
The US has the former colonies in South America, plus Liberia and Sierra Leone?
Ireland, Sweden, Finland, Austria and Switzerland are together?
Philippines control Papua New Guinea?
China managed to conquer Vietnam?
Argentina and Chile are so very very lonely?

I guess I wasn't clear enough; colors denote a civ/alliance of countries, or group of countries. White between countries(which is hard to see on the map) indicates actual borders. Ireland, Switzerland, etc. being together is because those are the "neutral countries", a civ that's meant to play the little man in Europe(and therefore a good place for proxy wars, unless the version where they're allied to the EU is played).

On Brazil and Uruguay, they are seperate countries, and the ones in Central Africa is a whole other band of countries, they're just different shades of purple and so it may not be noticed.

The USA has gone rogue state in the scenario, as I mentioned. :) As such, they've retaken their "colony", Liberia, and have begun to expand it by taking over nearby Sierra Leone. Hence why all the countries in Africa are growing closer and forming alliances - to combat the growing ring of powers around them. The Guyana Countries - Suriname, French Guiana, and Guyana - are controlled by the EU, the logic being that nearby French Guiana joined the Union, and in the face of growing American imperialism, rather than join the regional alliances, opted to join their former colonial masters in an alliance instead. Once more, a different shade of color causes confusion(as the USA is dark blue, the EU just blue)

The Philippines and Papua New Guinea, and alllll the other small island countries for that matter, are one of the group civs, and are called the "Pacific Nations"/"Polynesia." They are meant as cannon fodder for the USA.

China managed to bring Vietnam into it's sphere of influence, yes.

I may combine Argentina and Chili into another group civ, Patagonia-Andes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom