America power

Lord Draegon

Awoken
This Mod give extra power to the Americans. you have all 6 bonuses militiristic, comercial etc. and start out with 4 techs. all other civs have no bonuses or techs. the shuned goverment of all of them is democracy while favered is depotism(except for America) democracy is also better. no war weariness, 20X worker speed and diplomats and spies at highest level.

Originally posted by LouLong
Basic jingoism if I ever saw any ! :eek: :mad:
I haven't downloaded this mod, so I don't know if that's accurate. ;) It doesn't strike me as jingoistic so much as ... sad.

I did something like this right after I got Civ3 and was playing in the editor - gave myself all attributes and extra starting techs - found it was too boring to play; too much like "Cheat Mode". If that's the only way I can win, then I'd rather go play something else.

Like LBPB said, "where's the challenge?"

Sorry if there's no challange, but thats the point. If you realy want a chalange play as one of the other civs. I made it cause its fun to pummel the other civ and i also made it for newbies.:rocket: :ripper: :rocket2: :sniper: [plasma] :shotgun: :suicide: :die:

Text Deleted.

hmmm getting a bit off topic here

well lemme say that if someone needs to download this to win then he should try to play other genre of games , or just play with LEGO™

I think that it is the stupidest mod that I ever sow...

However it could be used if you want to play against a really tough IA oponent.

Originally posted by Fëanor
Text Deleted.

hmmm getting a bit off topic here

well lemme say that if someone needs to download this to win then he should try to play other genre of games , or just play with LEGO™

Hey, I like Legos and I am 34. Mostly I build them for my kids, but I still have fun. I think doing this with the mod is fine if you want to play that way or to create a superpower. I play the DyP mod and some people hate it because of limited settler actions in the beginning. To each his own. Is it necessary to bash on someone because they created something you do not like?

Originally posted by connor

Is it necessary to bash on someone because they created something you do not like?

Well, if the modifications were for the AI, and not for the human player, it would have been okay. But that Captain America dude (Lord Draegon) changed the game to destroy any challenge. And that is REALLY boring.

BTW i love LEGO too, but i don't play LEGO for the challenge, therefore i got civ3. :D :D :D

The challenge would seem to be obvious: Kill the Yanks!

Any masochist worth his salt would play this mod as the Brits, and make crushing those rebel scum his/her one and only goal.

(NB: I'm not bad-mouthing real-world Americans. I'm bath-mouthing little packets of binary digits euphemistically known as 'Americans' in this mod.)

America is a secular nation, so it shouldn't be religious. where is the challenge(unless i play as a non-American civ:))

a bit off-topic question: is Plano really like it was shown in the movie "Anarchists CookBook"?

Now back to mod, i myself have made cheater mods too. And i see already 26 people have downloaded it so it seems like other people like it too.

Actually I think this mod would be great for noobies who are having a hard time just understanding the game, and actually some Americans now, are quite a bit more religious, then some other nations, mainly ones in Europe...

Here's a different Super America scenario.
The human player must play as the Americans on Deity level.
America's starting techs are Republic and Literature, America has all the Civilization traits, and America has a unique unit for each unit that can be replaced by a unique unit, to reflect its diversity.
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/Americans.zip

PS Afterposting the link above I find that the scenario is even better if you triple the minimum distance between civilizations on the worlds size screen of the editor.

A "Fortress America" scenario could be interesting. You could have a bonused-up America in locked war against every other civ in the world. Anybody remeber the old MB game from the axis & allies series?

This is a bit different, though. The old boardgame put the US at a major diadvantage in the beginning. The tide only turned when the invasion forces began to run out of units while the USA had a never ending supply of cards.

This "mod" does very little. Newbies would be overwhelmed and veterans would find it boring.

However -- a shortrun scenario where the players have a limited amount of time to capture a certain number of cities vs. an overpowered America might make for an interesting MP Game. Basically convert the boardgame into a Civ3 MP Scenario, if it would work well...

hi
i made many mods like this one, but i have to much respect to the other players to post them, i'm very sad to see that the level of the mods fall like that, i guess this one is a special one for newbies, exept them i can' t imagine who can play with this mod.

Lord draegon, i'm waiting for a real mod from you, i'm sure that you can do better!

there is no hate at all in this post, i'm not agree with those who are near unpolite with you but i don't like to find so low level mods there.
Bye

Top Bottom