America: Write Your Own History

Rebuilding the Capital
Cornelius Linz

I remember the first day I set foot in Washington. I was only two months old, a baby, tiny and minuscule compared to the grandness of this beautiful white city. Times back then were less worrying, if only just so, but all my life I have only known war...until now at least. What glimmers of memory remain from that bygone era have faded, and now, I am faced with the reality of a Capital that has been rebuilt. I, one of the first on the ground, had the monumental task of organising workers to rebuild landmarks and houses, especially for the impoverished. More than once, I led strikes in opposition to low wages. But the time we spent together forged a strong bond between us. Today, our capital is even grander and more beautiful. Yet, it still feels empty. All the marble, steel, and concrete has only made an empty city. I have seen firsthand what has risen from the ashes, but the entire structure needs time to truly heal and grow. I've already moved into the city, in an effort to forge a place for the 4th international. I welcome all my comrades to join me in our effort. Lastly, I must admit, I have respect for General Eishenhower, supreme above all for our time served together fighting Browder's evils. His precedent sends goodwill and a message of democracy to our people. From Washington, DC, this is Cornelius Linz.

You know, I'm starting to see why people had gotten annoyed over the whole thread flooding days. If I want to get something that was previously said recently, I have to go at least 10 pages back! :lol::lol: Note- I'm not annoyed. I'm just stating that I can see why people might become annoyed.

Thread flooding isn't bad...unless it's bad posts :p

So far, the news and announcements have been terrific and considering RT links each important post, as long as flooding doesn't get bad. The quality of writing here is phenomenal.

I'll vote for Truman on this one, the bomb will avoid SoDs threatening the country

I wonder why people like bombing people.

If it wasn't for the fact i haven't slept in 24 hours, i would so have a gigantic philosophical text wall in agreement with you

edit: I may make said Philosophical text wall anyways, i'll just need a quick (8 hour) catnap

I wanted to try my hand at story writing. This takes place right before the collapse of the Browder regime as the Germans advance towards the capitol.

Spoiler :
Why had it become like this? General Patterson thought, as the sound of shell boomed in the distance. He walked around in the burning city of Browderville no longer making plans or desperately racking his brain for a war strategy.
There was no point now; America had already lost the war. Mexico had taken the Southern states, Japan had taken the coast, and Germany had taken the North. At this rate America, the home that he had loved so much would be divvied up amongst foreign powers and subject to another period of foreign rule. And as for him, well he couldn’t in all honesty; say he expected to survive past today.
Why had he allowed Browder to lead the nation so far into this nightmare? Why had he not done anything?
Because honor demands it, the voice of his long dead military minded father whispers in his head. Because you belong to the military, and the president is your superior officer and you cannot disobey him. It doesn’t matter what he does, for a military man cannot afford to question his superiors. The most dangerous threat to a country is a military that acts and thinks on its own.
“Then what do I do, when in obeying my superiors I am failing in my oath to defend this country?” His father’s voice was unhelpfully silent.
Wanting to escape the present and knowing he had no future, Patterson thinks back to the past, on the eve that Foster had been elected president. America had been ecstatic that day. People had been rejoicing in the streets. Yes there were the secessionists who certainly put a damper on things, but the threads of destiny that reached out infinitely into the future seemed golden and promising. America lived in the most blessed of times, in an era of prosperity unmatched by any other in history.
Ah, thought Patterson, that is the thing about good times, they have always got to end.
Patterson checked his watch idly and was mildly surprised to find that it was lunch time. He took out the sandwich his wife had made for him, apparently from a new recipe she had wanted to try out and took a bite.
He spat it out. This new sandwich was certainly almost as tasteless as his honor. A shell exploding in the distance seemed to agree with him.
As Patterson headed back inside the capitol building where Browder’s top brass remained as he saw the silhouette of a tank roll down towards him. And around the wheels of the tank, if Patterson squinted, he would swear he could see the faint nebulous outline of a hundred thousand spirits pushing the tank along, the oppressed and downtrod under the Browder regime, inching ever closer towards their tormentor, ready to proclaim upon him their judgement, a far more just and permanent solution than any earthly court could ever provide.
If only, Patterson mused with melancholy, America didn’t have to pay for the sins of its government. As the tank moved into view, along with others behind it, Patterson wondered if he should end it all. He had a loaded gun at his side and all it would take would be one bullet.
But no that would be the easy way out. Whether he agreed with it or not, Patterson had been an accomplice of the Browder regime and he had to repent for that. That included standing trial in a German court and gritting his teeth and bearing the hypocrisy as they tried him for war crimes. That included fulfilling whatever prison sentence they handed to him, whether it be back breaking labor or death. And that included being thrown into the deepest levels of hell after his death for his part in Browder’s atrocities. But he would not feel sorry for himself. He was a general and he would face his demise with dignity.
After he surrendered and was stripped of weapons, Patterson was herded back towards the German camp by a soldier. As he entered the gates of the camp, Patterson understood- he had already entered the gates of hell. It could only go down from here. But unlike nearly two thousand years ago there was no Christ the redeemer to save him. But Patterson understood that he had to face his trial and his almost certain death anyways, for honor demanded it.

Current ballot results

Ballot:
(Candidate who wins most votes within a party garners all votes at election time)
Democratic Party 3
• Truman 3

Republican Party 6
• Dewey 6
• Vandenberg 0
• MacArthur 0

States' Rights Party 0
• Thurmond 0

Progressive Party 11
• Wallace 11

~1 more vote expected
~3 hours left to vote

Oh dear, this timeline is going have Dewey actually defeating Truman! :cry:

Yes! If you want it, you can have "Baseballpie's 'Good Taste in Music' Cookie"

More like the "Knows How to Use Wikipedia Effectively" cookie.

Henry Wallace Becomes 26th President!

With a decisive 55% victory, the dark horse candidate who won election by promising both a focus on American civil rights, culture, internationalism, communist cooperation, and war with Mexico has become the first elected president since the fall of the Browder Administration. General Eisenhower, stepping down from provisional governor, was stunned by the turn of events as the two parties he created and expected to win failed to oppose the Progressive Party. The Dixiecrats, who broke away from the Democratic Party, gained no electoral votes. Dewey, after losing both the provisional election and this election, stated he will not run in the next election.

Ballot:
Democratic Party 3
• Truman 3

Republican Party 6
• Dewey 6

States' Rights Party 0
• Thurmond 0

Progressive Party 11 (55%)
• Wallace 11

Top Bottom