amphibious assault carrier ?

_ghost_

Warlord
hi

i think about a amphibious assault carrier.

it will be a naval vessel that only transports foot units. and will have a paradrop ability.
maybe also a limitet bombard ability.

question 1. will the AI alte to handle this?

question 2. is it possible to set the bomard animations in a way that a helicopter will move tho the bombardet tile to atack it?

question 3 is it in adition possible to let the ship fight with its own animation?

question 4. is there any unit graphics for the wasp , trarawa or america class? i didnt found them in the database

question 5 what do u think about that?

Wyrmshadow made a Tarawa some years ago. It is included in CCM, but can also be downloaded as a single unit at the SOC site.

Paradropping a ship into the water doesn´t work. The attack animation of a unit can be changed to starting aircraft or helis. Wyrmshadow took care of that option by adding fidget animations that also could be changed to attack animations.

The AI handles sea bombardement (even on landtiles) properly, at least when bombarding over a range of 1-2 tiles.

Even though it generally eliminates the possibility of a return to a ship-borne base, I usually set helos as Foot units (and units like the Tarawa set to carry Foot units only) and give the helos Para, Amphib, ATR, and ZOC.

Have fun!

Best,

:scan:z

Even though it generally eliminates the possibility of a return to a ship-borne base, I usually set helos as Foot units (and units like the Tarawa set to carry Foot units only) and give the helos Para, Amphib, ATR, and ZOC.

Have fun!

Best,

:scan:z

But the helos can´t paradrop from the ship and attack over water. They must be landed like a normal landunit.

So for the Tarawa there would be a good setting to give that ship a bombardement attack of half the capacity of the helos (with the Launch-animation of the helos as bombard animation) and the other half of the capacity of helos that ship can carry, as slots for landunit-helos with the settings you described above. :)

But the helos can´t paradrop from the ship and attack over water. They must be landed like a normal landunit.

So for the Tarawa there would be a good setting to give that ship a bombardement attack of half the capacity of the helos (with the Launch-animation of the helos as bombard animation) and the other half of the capacity of helos that ship can carry, as slots for landunit-helos with the settings you described above. :)

True :) I give the helos Para so that they can cross small bodies of water from land.

Top Bottom