Amurite +

That was awesome idea! It should be not too hard, just adding some spells that grant building and make the building does not need the caster (so the building will not vanish as Hope and Inspiration spells).

Do you have any ideas on what building should be conjured by Amurite magic? I might add them as Wizard chanting spells for some spell spheres.

I'm not quite sure where to go with trying to move this idea from brain to actual gameplay mechanic.

I was thinking that it would be something that would require maintenance (making sure the spells have enough power, shoring up any magical threads that might have come loose over time, etc). But that would require some sort of special, low-level magic unit for the Amurites. I was also thinking about replacing workers with magic, but I don't see a way to do that in a way that wouldn't simply be a worker replacement with a different name.

Or maybe you can just assume that all buildings in Amurite territory have some sort of magical component and have a small chance to decay if no Mage-types are in the city? But that's more of a hindrance than a neat new feature. Is it possible for units stationed in a city to affect build times?

I'm kind of at a loss on this one. Maybe if someone else can throw out some suggestions one idea or another will stick that can be further elaborated.

flavour-wise you could rename workers 'arcane engineers' and add some aura effects to the model.

As to the buildings, since enchantment and life mana already add a bonus to health and happyness, perhaps a mage could build a 'focus tower' which amplifys those bonuses.

To keep from unbalancing things this bonus should prob be capped as well. Perhaps a flat +1:health:/+1 :) once you build the thing.

Is v2.0 still for BtS 3.17 ?

Yes, it is. I don't have plan to upgrade 3.19 yet. FfH .41d seems too unstable for me :confused:

I don't know whether there is a possibility to upgrade to 3.19 and maintain 3.17 so I can play both. If there is, then I'll upgrade to 3.19 soon.

you might be able to do a second install (on the same computer, just put it under a different directory) of BTS, update that one to 3.19, and then you would have bts 3.17 and bts 3.19, and therefore be able to use both your older, more stable versions of FFH, and be able to release stuff for the newer versions. As even FF has now updated to 3.19, it might be wise to do so.

Note, I haven't tried this as I have BTS and stuff on steam, so it automatically updated to 3.19...

-Colin

just read the whole changelog due to it being an optional module for Wild Mana, and I must say I'm impressed. lots of awesome changes, especially the ones that don't even touch the Amurites :p Malakim and Esus just got a lot better in my book.

Wow! I never thought that anyone will absorb this baby. Go ahead, anyone! :lol:

Thanks, I am working on v 3.0 and will release it soon, this weekend maybe. There will be no more change to the Amurites but one extra lvl 3 spell per sphere (so we will get 2 each).

The bad part is : this still based on FfH .40. I just extract the new graphics from .41 and merge it here :lol:

Thanks anyway!

[to_xp]Gekko;8458728 said:
just read the whole changelog due to it being an optional module for Wild Mana, and I must say I'm impressed. lots of awesome changes, especially the ones that don't even touch the Amurites :p Malakim and Esus just got a lot better in my book.
I also plead guilty ...
I came to look at what is in the amurite+ sub-option proposed in wild mana.
I like most of what you did save the shadow and the slave ring having new restriction.

just as a question : what do the amurites loses for having all your new nice buildings and spell ?
all those + :culture:, +:happy:, +:science: building may make them overpowered as they were already decently strong.

Did you think about making some mundane building unbuildable for them ?
AND/OR reduce some of the units available to them ?
(--> to show their distrust of mundane things)

or make them agnostic : can't have time to worship gods if spending so much time with magic studies...(but that would be wrong lore-wise )

or make that those buildings/spells are only available with a new civic amurite-only... and disappear if civic is changed so they have to chose between an advantageous civic and using their magic specificity to the fullest...

I haven't yet played with your mod and maybe it just enhance the way you play amurites.. but IMO it would just facilitate world domination :D

oh.... did I mentionned that it seems you did a great work ?

my 0.2.

Top Bottom