An Illustrated History of the Noyyau

Will it be possible for you to keep all the world and not spawn a single revolution? While you're conquering cities everything will seem ok, but when you stop doing that, you'll need a lot of money and culture to keep everything under your rule

On the other hand, there will be no foreign culture, which was my main cause of revolution back when I was conquering the Everon continent.

That's true, but I'm not sure how hard the revolution mod is configured in the version of RAND that you're playing. I remember a game in LoR where even without Foreign Culture, I couldn't handle my Capitalist Empire without war. Conquering cities almost every turn was required for me to keep my stability under control. I hope you don't face this, or rather I do hope that you can't handle it, to make the rest of this game as interesting as it has been until now.

This being by now quite an old revision, I think it is before Revindex values were modified, so it would probably be possible to hold the empire together. I can make ridiculous amount of money now anyway, so there's always the "throw money at the problem" solution.

But this is a story! So who knows what will happen? :)

Create a situation where there are loads of little kingdoms, everytime you conquer a city you can give it to another one which a few years down the line you then attack and take the city from again and then give it to a new civ. Eternal war, Your Military-industrial Complex demands it!

You should make it where any person that wants to gets to choose five consecutively placed cities for their "empire" that isn't your capital and all of the cities that are adjacent to it. Then, upon choosing the cities, you have to try and reclaim everything you lost :D I'm sure you have a plan though :p The story would be interesting but a game with only one total civ would be hella boring :lol:

Create a situation where there are loads of little kingdoms, everytime you conquer a city you can give it to another one which a few years down the line you then attack and take the city from again and then give it to a new civ. Eternal war, Your Military-industrial Complex demands it!

Though that might actually make sense (from the Military-Industrial Complex's point of view ;) ), the Eternal War would also be eternal for me to play and update!

You should make it where any person that wants to gets to choose five consecutively placed cities for their "empire" that isn't your capital and all of the cities that are adjacent to it. Then, upon choosing the cities, you have to try and reclaim everything you lost :D I'm sure you have a plan though :p The story would be interesting but a game with only one total civ would be hella boring :lol:

I have thought about that, but any kind of intensive reader participation clashes with my random free time availability (I'm unemployed right now but I'm trying to change that).
Also that'd require an insane amount of work on my part to give accurate info on everything for each "splinter state", there's loads of units and civics and buildings etc etc.

What Spirictum had done in his Iroquois game would probably be feasible, I guess... But don't hold any hope yet.

(There's no chance to revive that, is there?)

Maybe Noyyau, but probably not that game, but another RoM-AND game. But honestly, I'm kind of disappointed with RoM-AND. It's too beta for me. Every time they try to solve something they create a new problem. And they're not like many other mods where there are truly stable versions once in a while. If you don't follow the SVN it seems you're playing an entire different mod if at least a whole month has passed since the non-svn version.

Instead of solving issues, it seems they create more things without serious tests. Maybe one day they will achieve a point where there is nothing else to add and they can finally balance the game, but right now it's unplayable.

To give a picture to that I've just downloaded a revision 800+ (not sure which) where I can't change Barbarian Civs option. If I tick it (No Barbarian Civs) it works as intended, and no civs spawn from barbs. If I leave it without a tick, it simply decides that No Barbarian Civs is on. I searched through some files to see if I could manually change that, but I failed. I tried a quick search on the forum and I failed again. I prefer to play LoR instead of RoM-AND if I can't enable barbarian civs.

And while MP is unplayable, new world civs catch up technologically with old world civs in 50 years since they meet any old worlder and trade routes were substituted by a faster but far worse and unrealistic mechanic, they don't stop creating wonders, techs, civics, mechanics and other stuff that further unbalances the game.

Once in a while 45º discovers the game is unbalanced (in a casual Blitz game) and tries a really simple method to solve an insanely complex problem, and always balances to some settings and unbalances even more to other settings.

The mod seems great, and the team works tirelessly, I can't complain about that. Afforess's skills are great indeed, and I learned a lot with him. But the mod is too frustrating for me right now, I prefer to wait. And my spare time decreased a lot too.

So it's too unstable to me right now. I'd like to try C2C but I think it may have the same problems. At least now I can test it with my new computer, something I couldn't do some months ago, maybe I'll give it a try.

Author's suggestion: Play this in the background.

A Turn later, Kummanni fell to the second Noyyau offensive, its defenders surrendering after sustaining horrendous casualties and running out of ammunition.
Spoiler :

Where covert operations failed, bombs did the job: without the range to fly further into Hittite territory, the Everon-based bombers hit any target they could reach.
Spoiler :

After a quick artillery barrage, the few remaining defenders in Heliopolis surrendered to the Noyyau, their defeat inevitable.
Spoiler :

The first Noyyau naval loss of the war was quickly avenged.
Spoiler :

The expected Hittite reinforcements never showed up, so the survining Carthage garrison took the only reasonable choice: surrender.
Spoiler :

Once again an amphibious attack was staged on Berlin, the Hittite troops there unable to rest and regroup to contribute to the fighting in the rest of the country.
Spoiler :

Minor skirmishes occurred near Kanesh. Cavalry assigned to the local garrison swiftly dealt with wandering Hittite units.
Spoiler :

While the main attacking force was still on the way from Heliopolis, a convoy carrying fresh recruits began the attack on Nidaros.
Spoiler :

Turn 1202 saw the last naval engagement of the war of the Noyyau Privateer fleet.
Spoiler :

The Noyyau troops approaching Akuwa found themselves facing large numbers of enemies. Despite Hittite numerical superiority in the area, Noyyau air strikes, weaponry and discipline once again emerged victorious.
Spoiler :

While the fighing on the approaches of Akuwa was still ongoing, Noyyau forces reached Hattusas as well. Without stopping, they continued into the Hittite capital, slowly advancing street by street and house by house.
Spoiler :

During a lull in the fighting, a few Hittite Cuirassier formations tried to catch the Noyyau forces by surprise. However, they still had not learnt that their musket bullets were useless against tank armour.
Spoiler :

More Hittite troops converged on Kanesh, inflicting some losses on Noyyau forces in the field. The attack was ultimately repelled.
Spoiler :

After Carthage, Noyyau troops were ferried towards Thebes.
Spoiler :

Newly arrived tanks and other troops were tasked to begin advancing towards Carchemish, a major city in the Hittite interior.
Spoiler :

Meanwhile, the ongoing skirmishes in the Kanesh area were used as field testing for a new tank design. Lightly armed and armored, it gained unprecedented speed while still being practically impervious to anything the Hittites might throw against it.
Spoiler :

The troop carrier that saw the opening of the war at Hubishna was joined by a Cruiser fresh off the dockyard, with a full complement of seaplanes to provide air cover.
Spoiler :

Despite the Hittites' best efforts, Noyyau amphibious assault troops kept relentlessly raiding Berlin.
Spoiler :

A Destroyer captain was charged with dereliction of duty after he abandoned the convoy his ship was part of, informing the other vessels that “he'd be back before evening”. Captain Vendramini then went on to sink several Hittite vessels on the open sea, before returning to his convoy towards the end of the day. When news of this leaked to the press, the captain became a popular hero virtually overnight, with thousands of people writing letters to the military asking for leniency.

Spoiler :

Yay!!! An Update!!!

I just realized, if you are the only civ, then you have no need to better your nation's technology and you can be corrupt and accumulate tons of gold at the citizens' expense :D

I just realized, if you are the only civ, then you have no need to better your nation's technology and you can be corrupt and accumulate tons of gold at the citizens' expense :D

Now that's just seditious anti-patriotic propaganda! :mischief:

pfft, why even wait to be corrupt until you're the only civ

;)

Noyyau air strikes ravaged Carchemish while the armored column was still on the way from Kanesh.
Spoiler :

Akuwa fell to the Noyyau in two days of non stop assaults and artillery barrages.
Spoiler :

At the same time, the ancient Hittite capital Hattusas also finally surrendered to the Noyyau besiegers.
Spoiler :

After Hattusas' surrender, Noyyau forces could pursue minor Hittite formations roaming the countryside.
Spoiler :

In a last desperate charge, what remained of the Hittite military launched a massive counterattack at the Noyyau column advancing towards Memphis.
Courage and desperation were not enough, however, to defeat Noyyau heavy tank armor.
Spoiler :

Cuirassiers from Carchemish tried to engage the advancing Noyyau column there as well, but quickly retreated under sustained Tank cannon fire.
Spoiler :

On the home front, popular dissent against the war and the new authoritarian regime took the form of a new kind of music, with popular bands singing to peace and civil disobedience against the government.
Spoiler :

The experienced Noyyau soldiers had no difficulties in capturing Nidaros, using the standard battle plan of initial air and artillery bombardments followed by coordinated combined arms advances.
Spoiler :

In one of the last naval actions of the war, a Heavy Cruiser sank what was probably the last Hittite ship that dared leave port.
Spoiler :

Noyyau troops reached Carchemish, which after the fall of Hattusas had declared itself the new Hittite capital. Despite their inability to enforce their claim beyond the city limits, Carchemish did have the largest remaining Hittite garrison, especially after the disastrous battle near Memphis.
Spoiler :

The countryside surrounding Kanesh saw constant low scale fighting for the duration of the war.
Spoiler :

The ancient city of Thebes, founded by the Egyptians and later conquered by the Hittites, was about to change owner once again.
Spoiler :

The constant Noyyau amphibious raids on Berlin and the surrounding territories exacted a heavy toll on the exhausted Hittite defenders.
Spoiler :

Carchemish too fell to the unstoppable Noyyau armies, its defenders bombed from aircraft so numerous that they darkened the skies.
Spoiler :

The last remnants of Carchemish's Cuirassiers were hunted by Noyyau Light Tanks.
Spoiler :

“I wanna go play with the pigs!”
“You can go and play with the animals only after you've done your homework.”
“But moooom!”
“Oh stop it, we have this argument every day, and every day the end result is the same: you do the homework and then swim in the mud for the rest of the day!”
“But why do I have to do homework at all?”
“Because I won't allow your education to stop just because you can't go to school! Soon all this nonsense will be over and we'll move back to Robertia, but until then... sit down and work on your math.”

A couple of months had passed since Marco fled Robertia with his family. Taken in by one of his old Last Mali War comrades, now a successful Pig farmer, Marco's wife and son were hidden and safe, giving Marco the freedom to travel across the vast Noyyau domains and recruit and organize the underground opposition against the dictatorial regime established in Robertia.

Afer much debate, it had been decided that the best moment to strike would be immediately after the end of the Hittite war, when the Army and Navy would still be fully mobilized. Most of the higher commanding officers had answered positively to Marco's carefully worded inquiries, citing the ongoing war as the only reason they had not yet acted against Vetinari and his accomplices.

Vetinari, meanwhile, had been very careful in avoiding conflict with the military, showing strong support for the armed forces in his public appearances, conscious that his allies in the administration and the police could do little if the Army and Navy turned against him.
Spoiler :

An update! And with a surprise in the end! Hype!

Woop!

The last organized Hittite units in the north were defeated by the troops that had just captured Hattusas, and had boarded their naval transports hoping to be going home.
Spoiler :

The conquerors of Akuwa, meanwhile, had no illusion that their tour of duty would be over soon, as they had been given their next objective: Arpad. After prolonged fighting, and the death of most of its defenders, the city surrendered.
Spoiler :

The once mighty garrison of Berlin had been reduced to a shadow of its former size, and finally the city was occupied by the Noyyau on Turn 1205.
Spoiler :

Fresh reinforcements were brought to Berlin, to engage remaining Hittite forces in the nearby area.
Spoiler :

The conquerors of Berlin barely had the time to climb aboard their ships, when they were ordered to proceed to Uruk. Unbeknownst to the soldiers, the higher commands were trying to end the war as quickly as possible, to finally be able to deal with the dictator at home.
Spoiler :

At the end of Turn 1205, most of the Hittite continent was already under Noyyau control. Only Memphis, Uruk and Tarsus were still nominally independent.
In the span of merely 6 Turns, the Noyyau had conquered almost the entire continent.
Spoiler :

The profits from the war allowed many companies linked to the military to expand their reach, often buying other companies in completely unrelated sectors. Due to the increasingly effective censorship by the state, it is unknown wether these mergers and acquisitions were legal operations, or basically theft perpetrated by those favored by the dictator.
Spoiler :

Isolated Hittite units ignored the surrender of their commanders, and kept fighting to the bitter end.
Spoiler :

Naval artillery competed with airdropped munitions for the loudest explosions in Uruk. Noyyau amphibious assaulters had no trouble in securing the city after the massive bombardments.

Spoiler :

Top Bottom