Do you think this would be a good option to AND

• Culturally Linked Starts

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Colonial Empires

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters

fireclaw722

Imperial Guard
How many of you people think that this is a good idea and think it could(or better yet should) be added into AND

Two mods that could be great for AND:

Culturally Linked Starts: Makes civs that are close to each other in RL start near each other in the game. Everything is still pretty much random, but now Greece is more likely to be near Byzantuim and Ottomans etc.

Colonies: Allows certain civs to appear as colonies... i.e: no more Egypt spawning from Japan. I also think that if this could be incorporated with Revolution for the same effect. It also allows for civs to come from their motherlands in a certian order(something I personally wouldn't want, but others might) i.e: Rome spawning Byzantuim first; Spain second; Germany third; France fourth etc etc.

These are great mods, that could be put to great use in RoM(or better AND).

Revolutions actually already has default rebel types defined in the python. You can mess with it in the RebelTypes.py.

As for the other option, I'd not be against it. ;)

I frequently get the Byzantines spawning from my Celtic empire.

What I really dislike is wiping out a civ, say Greece, and then having them spawn as rebels in a totally different empire!

I frequently get the Byzantines spawning from my Celtic empire.

What I really dislike is wiping out a civ, say Greece, and then having them spawn as rebels in a totally different empire!

Yes, especially when u already get the espionage points.. somewhat unrealistic.
but
i think it does help with game speed, not adding a ton of "new" civs to the game... so its somewhat of a necessary "evil" for me.

Flavour starts would also be nice. For example, Carthage and Vikings should start on the coast. Mongolians should start near horses. Their bonuses are pointless otherwise. If this is already in the game and I did not notice, please ignore me.

Top Bottom