AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Not a bug, but an issue regarding the change to requires stables on Circus Maximus. Only regular stables count towards the required number, so if you upgrade to Knights Stables you can no longer build it. In my opinion it would probably be best to allow both to count.

Not a bug, but an issue regarding the change to requires stables on Circus Maximus. Only regular stables count towards the required number, so if you upgrade to Knights Stables you can no longer build it. In my opinion it would probably be best to allow both to count.

Unfortunately, the XML doesn't allow that. I would have if I could. You can do OR buildings with the building required to be in the city (like Bakery requiring Granary or Modern Granary), but not OR with the total number of buildings required.

Unfortunately, the XML doesn't allow that. I would have if I could. You can do OR buildings with the building required to be in the city (like Bakery requiring Granary or Modern Granary), but not OR with the total number of buildings required.

*coughs*

It would be minor to change the DLL so that building replacements (like the knights stable) still count towards that prerequisite.

*coughs*

It would be minor to change the DLL so that building replacements (like the knights stable) still count towards that prerequisite.

If you want to, then go ahead. I was just saying why it currently is the way it is. I don't have the skill to do anything with the DLL, just XML and what I consider to be elementary Python.

If you want to, then go ahead. I was just saying why it currently is the way it is. I don't have the skill to do anything with the DLL, just XML and what I consider to be elementary Python.

You don't think it will break anything else, do you? That is my only concern.

You don't think it will break anything else, do you? That is my only concern.

If you do it as a general rule (if building X is replaced by building Y, Y still adds to count for building Z) it shouldn't break anything. Look at all the buildings that require <PrereqBuildingClasses>, not <BuildingClassNeededs> (that's for building required in city). Just search the building XML for </PrereqBuildingClasses> to find them. I did not see anything that I would consider broken if we did this.

Most building chains aren't as close together as Stable-Knight's Stable. The only other one I can see is Castle-Star Fort, so you would be able to build some Advanced Castle buildings with Star Forts instead, and that won't break too much as almost all of those buildings go obsolete with Economics.

Why can't I build a a Camp for Fur in this screen shot. All prereq techs are fulfilled.

Is it because of the Marsh/swamp? I've searched the xml files and can not find out why i can't build a camp there.

JosEPh

Why can't I build a a Camp for Fur in this screen shot. All prereq techs are fulfilled.

Is it because of the Marsh/swamp? I've searched the xml files and can not find out why i can't build a camp there.

JosEPh

Upload a save.

I figured it out. Had to get Canals so I could drain the swamp. Been awhile since I had a fur resource in my games. :p

JosEPh

If I understand the process and I could be very wrong, the base terrain is laid down 1st. Then features and then terrain feature with the resource being last. I don't remember if Zappara had the Tech Canals always be the point that a marsh/swamp could be drained to get to the resource.

JosEPh

This bug is now fixed in revision 762. :)

Here is something I have wondered about: the Formation (anti-Mounted), Charge (anti-Siege), and Ambush (anti-vehicle) promotions require Combat II to start. Most other anti-unit type promotions only require Combat I. Is there a reason for this? It's tough to get 3 promotions in the early game, which I think cuts off a lot of possible options. I like to use guard units with anti-unit promotions mixed into stacks of city-attack units.

Here is something I have wondered about: the Formation (anti-Mounted), Charge (anti-Siege), and Ambush (anti-vehicle) promotions require Combat II to start. Most other anti-unit type promotions only require Combat I. Is there a reason for this? It's tough to get 3 promotions in the early game, which I think cuts off a lot of possible options. I like to use guard units with anti-unit promotions mixed into stacks of city-attack units.

I'm not sure there has been a method to the madness of promotions. Why do we have combat I bottleneck in the first place for most promotions? Why just not let any unit be eligible immediately?

The &#8220;Super Virus&#8221; Event has 2 errors attached to the event. 3rd Option isn't enabled but keeps generating an error message every time is moused over.

Spoiler :

As well, when you drop a great work from a Great Artist, to overcome the unrest, it still records a -56:mad: but gives no reason. It must either totally eliminate the unhappy from the super virus event, or correctly record it for the number of turns applied, IE 59.

Save attached is 1 turn before, I've replayed it and the super virus event comes up again, select the 4th option, lose 59 Population, then drop a great Artist from Capital city, and create a great work, and you'll see what I mean.

Here's a savegame with weird Actual Effects (is it weird?) Or is there a rational explanation that was not made obvious there?

EDIT: Waiting for confirmation but I think it's because the temple replaces fire pit so the culture stay the same so no Actual Effects info for culture.

Attachments

• RAND Game.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1 MB · Views: 54
I'm not sure there has been a method to the madness of promotions. Why do we have combat I bottleneck in the first place for most promotions? Why just not let any unit be eligible immediately?

Good point. The bottlenecks are actually in place from regular BTS (I went back and checked). I don't think the prerequisites are necessary for the anti-unit-class promotions, but it might be to force you to have some military infrastructure in place in order to get highly-specialized units. For other promotions, I would keep the prerequisites in place (for example, March is a really strong promotion, so I would keep the restriction of Combat III or Medic I promotion).

Good point. The bottlenecks are actually in place from regular BTS (I went back and checked). I don't think the prerequisites are necessary for the anti-unit-class promotions, but it might be to force you to have some military infrastructure in place in order to get highly-specialized units. For other promotions, I would keep the prerequisites in place (for example, March is a really strong promotion, so I would keep the restriction of Combat III or Medic I promotion).

I had been playing the mod recently and like your modifications of buildings and technologies work together. So I'm sure that if you decide to start the project with Promotions after your other major projects are done then you'll make a great new tree that better fit this modpack :).

I had been playing the mod recently and like your modifications of buildings and technologies work together. So I'm sure that if you decide to start the project with Promotions after your other major projects are done then you'll make a great new tree that better fit this modpack :).

This isn't a very big project; it's just cutting out all the promotion prerequisites for the anti-class promotions, or at least bring them down a notch. This will allow you to specialize your units more.

This isn't a very big project; it's just cutting out all the promotion prerequisites for the anti-class promotions, or at least bring them down a notch. This will allow you to specialize your units more.

I'm looking forward to your suggestions then :). Personally, I don't really pay attention to promotions except for Combat line. After that, the tree gets very confusing :lol:.

Top Bottom