AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Some minor glitches on Metallurgy:
  • In abilities section it says 2 times that "Allows Mine to upgrade to Shaft Mine"
  • enables Foundry which requires at least a city of size 1.:crazyeye:
I haven't yet checked what says the description for Foundry.

Some minor glitches on Metallurgy:
  • In abilities section it says 2 times that "Allows Mine to upgrade to Shaft Mine"

There is a glitch with improvement text at the moment. Improvements that can be pillaged downwards show double text on the tech that allows the improvement upgrade. I wonder if we could remove downgrade-pillaging since all improvements can now be rebuilt.

• enables Foundry which requires at least a city of size 1.:crazyeye:
I haven't yet checked what says the description for Foundry.

This is automatically generated by CvGameTextMgr.cpp. I found this in lines 15875-15883:
Code:
int iPrereqPopulation = std::max(kBuilding.getPrereqPopulation(), (pCity != NULL ? pCity->getNumPopulationEmployed() + 1 : 0) + kBuilding.getNumPopulationEmployed());
if (iPrereqPopulation > 0)
{
	if (pCity == NULL || pCity->getPopulation() < iPrereqPopulation)
	{
		szBuffer.append(NEWLINE);
		szBuffer.append(gDLL->getText("TXT_KEY_BUILDING_REQUIRES_POPULATION", iPrereqPopulation));
	}
}
so it looks like any building that employs citizens generates that text. Most of the other buildings that employ citizens have a population requirement of greater than 1, but Villa, Estate, and Workhouse do not. I think it would be safe to change the if (iPrereqPopulation > 0) to if (iPrereqPopulation > 1) since cities have a minimum population of 1 and you only need the message if there is a condition that possibly could not be filled.

Hi all!

Just to report a bug:
playing and chilling, I have reached the tech level of frigates, arqeubusiers and similar stuff. The same with AI-civs. And what do I see? Somalian civilisation starts producing their special unit (anti aircraft infantry from Black Hawk Down, 50 strength). They are steam-rolling the map now, no wonder why, as other civ can only field 13-20 strength units.

With regards,
Pozdrawiam,
TPMM

Hi all!

Just to report a bug:
playing and chilling, I have reached the tech level of frigates, arqeubusiers and similar stuff. The same with AI-civs. And what do I see? Somalian civilisation starts producing their special unit (anti aircraft infantry from Black Hawk Down, 50 strength). They are steam-rolling the map now, no wonder why, as other civ can only field 13-20 strength units.

With regards,
Pozdrawiam,
TPMM
I know, working on it but probably no fix before end of June. Which revision are you using?

Hi all!

Just to report a bug:

With regards,
Pozdrawiam,
TPMM

You need to apply the hotfix here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=14300325&postcount=404
Copy this into your RoM folder and replace all the affected files. That will replace the Somali UU tech requirement with the proper Jet Propulsion tech and you shouldn't see that problem. The game treats a tech requirement for a tech that doesn't exist as "no tech" and that would be why you are seeing the UU. Advanced Rocketry is the tech prereq in the XML and it no longer exists.

If this doesn't work, or you have already applied the hotfix, then something else is going on.

SVN 1018 - Fast workers and dome farms.

2 Bugs I've noticed, as I've just started a new game using the Civ IV launcher.

1) I receive fast workers, each time I enslave from winning battle, both with the Holy Romans (Charlemagne) and the Barbarians. Yet I produce workers my self being Augustus Caesar or Rome.

2) When I mouse over any resource, it give the improvement bonuses for the improvement, but also that of the dome farm, says it requires the dome farm, but I can still build the base improvement.

SVN 1018 - Fast workers and dome farms.

2 Bugs I've noticed, as I've just started a new game using the Civ IV launcher.

1) I receive fast workers, each time I enslave from winning battle, both with the Holy Romans (Charlemagne) and the Barbarians. Yet I produce workers my self being Augustus Caesar of Rome. I also only capture normal workers.

2) When I mouse over any resource, it give the improvement bonuses for the improvement, but also that of the dome farm, says it requires the dome farm, but I can still build the base improvement.

I think income from religion wonders should be limited by 20 or 30 gold (1 per city) like in Rhye mod. Because now especially on large maps and with so many religions, civs could found 3 or more religions and with so many cities with these religions they will receive huge amount of money every turn. This leads to 100% science and super fast development and great unbalance between first and last civs.

I think income from religion wonders should be limited by 20 or 30 gold (1 per city) like in Rhye mod. Because now especially on large maps and with so many religions, civs could found 3 or more religions and with so many cities with these religions they will receive huge amount of money every turn. This leads to 100% science and super fast development and great unbalance between first and last civs.

I thought it was already limited?

You could also enable Limited Religions, so a nation can't found a religion if they already control a Holy City (Self-founded or conquered, it doesn't matter - just that they own one)

45°38'N-13°47'E;14310390 said:
And if you use Flexible Difficulty and Flexible AI, it helps solving the problem of the big gap between first and last civ.

Though the civs that are hopelessly behind (i.e. tundra three-city barb-spawned nations and the sort) will always remain hopelessly behind until conquered. They accomplish some things with their Settler-handicap like miraculously snatching a few World Wonders or keeping par with the #1 world power's military tech..... But they seem incapable of doing much with either.

I don't think Flexible AI can help the AI that have already hit rock bottom, not in the grand race to the end of the game anyway. It might help keep them afloat (Or rather, stall their inevitable defeat), and help them steal away things that the few score leaders would have otherwise had free access to, but it won't help them much with competing for a victory (Though perhaps a Cultural or Space victory, should the world allow them to live that long)

The Flexible Difficulty for the AI seems to help those in the middle of the pack a lot more I think, since they're the ones most likely to have the chance at pulling ahead and/or conquering a neighbor. But that's just my experiences - I've never really seen a backwater nation with Settler difficulty do anything other than build wonders and keep up in the tech race; generally, that's all they do before a nation that is honestly ahead decides its time to relieve them of their cities. Settler bonuses or not, they can't defend against an AI that's managing to take over their continent despite Deity handicaps. Unless they're off-continent that is; that always slows the AI down :lol:

Hi
When i press F1 and try to que production in several cities, its not working.....I think its a bug there.....:)

F1 Queuing hasn't worked for nearly 2 yrs now, or longer.

It will work on some linking of cities, I think in order settled/Captured, as I've has up to 10 work, but will break with only 2 other times.

TO OVERCOME, Control - "City bar" to select all on continent, or Alt-"City bar" to select all in world, (or reverse if wrong) and then add items to queue.

OR to select individual cities, Shift-"City bar" and keep adding them, but I find I can only add about 3/4 max before it deselects and only keeps one.

Playing on 1018:

I have Wheat (2, -1) in my city screen despite having no outstanding wheat trades in my current trades window.

At some point an AI demanded wheat from me. Possibly that civ is dead now?

I tried pillaging both wheat, waiting a turn or two and then rebuilding the wheat. The negative trade still reappears.

How can I get my missing wheat back??

Definitely a bug. See attached game.

Attachments

• Grr.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 113
Playing on 1018:

I have Wheat (2, -1) in my city screen despite having no outstanding wheat trades in my current trades window.

At some point an AI demanded wheat from me. Possibly that civ is dead now?

I tried pillaging both wheat, waiting a turn or two and then rebuilding the wheat. The negative trade still reappears.

How can I get my missing wheat back??

Definitely a bug. See attached game.
Known bug, I'll fix it at the end of the month.

I need "vertical Farming" to upgrade to next level at my farms, but I have searched for 30 min now i the tech tree and can't find it. I read about it in the civiliopedia, but nothing more than that....
I haven't got "future tech" available so i hope thats not the reason.... :(

I need "vertical Farming" to upgrade to next level at my farms, but I have searched for 30 min now i the tech tree and can't find it. I read about it in the civiliopedia, but nothing more than that....
I haven't got "future tech" available so i hope thats not the reason.... :(

Maybe you haven't selected Future Era in custom game options.

I choose in the beginning to play without Future era.....
Maybe it shouldn't stay that i could upgrade it if i not have future era in my game..??

Since you haven't selected Future Era, the respective techs,buildings,units etc are not available.
I don't know whether you could push Future Era option in your current game through cheat mode.

Top Bottom