Announcement of Team Civs/Leaders

Sullla

Patrician Roman Dictator
With the voting in the team forums complete, I can now publically announce the civ and leader choices for our five teams. Remember, it's impossible to keep leader choices secret in a Pit Boss game (you see all five when logging in) so this post doesn't give away any extra information. Here were the selections:

Team 1: Elizabeth of England
Saturn (Team 2): Darius of Persia
SANCTA (Team 3): Willem of the Netherlands
Team 4: Joao of Portugal
Team 5: Pacal II of the Mayans

I am pleased to say that almost every team was able to get their first preference with no conflict over duplicates. In the one case where we did have a conflict, the team involved voted last night/today and received another one of their top picks. I hope everyone is happy with how things came out, I think we used a system that worked relatively well. :)

I intend to create the map for the Demogame tonight, and finish up any tweaks it needs tomorrow. What we still need from the teams:

- Teams 1, 4, and 5 need to finish up the process of choosing an official name. This is underway in all three forums, and proceeding nicely. Please try to finish ASAP.

- We are still lacking a host for the Demogame PitBoss! If you would like to volunteer your server, or know someone who might be able to do so, please contact Gingle Ale immediately.

The goal is to launch the Demogame at the beginning of next week, just in time for our self-imposed November 30 deadline. I will send each team a picture of their starting location once the map is created, so they can start discussing first-turn strategies. We're almost ready to go - thanks for sticking with us through the creation process! :D

And thanks to you for doing a great job with this! :thanx:

Yay! [party] :dance: :thumbsup:

Thanks Sulla. :thumbsup:

(PS, what's your PAYPAL account? I need to bribe you to give us that start we discussed earlier ;) )

:thanx: Awesome work on this Sulla! Thank you so much!

And you too Ginger Ale... find us a host, and then you can have your own parade also ;)

- sorry for the double post -

@ Sulla - can I request that you post a screenshot of each team's starting location in their private forum so we can all get started on talking about our opening moves even before we find a game host?

That'd be awesome! Thanks. :beer:

- sorry for the double post -

@ Sulla - can I request that you post a screenshot of each team's starting location in their private forum so we can all get started on talking about our opening moves even before we find a game host?

That'd be awesome! Thanks. :beer:

He already said he would do it...

:wallbash: good grief. Sorry Sulla.

Thanks oyzar :blush:

I am pleased to say that almost every team was able to get their first preference with no conflict over duplicates. In the one case where we did have a conflict, the team involved voted last night/today and received another one of their top picks. I hope everyone is happy with how things came out, I think we used a system that worked relatively well. :)
That's cool. I'd be interested to know which teams chose a duplicate first choice leader, and which team got their second choice? I can't see how this information would be at all sensitive or private, I'm just curious is all. :)

- Teams 1, 4, and 5 need to finish up the process of choosing an official name. This is underway in all three forums, and proceeding nicely. Please try to finish ASAP.
It's not absolutely urgent that these teams pick their names before the game, since you can quite easily rename a civ once the game starts. But of course, it would be nice to know what these teams will call themselves sooner rather than later. ;)

- We are still lacking a host for the Demogame PitBoss! If you would like to volunteer your server, or know someone who might be able to do so, please contact Gingle Ale immediately.
I can't do it myself, but I'll ask around and see if I can find someone who can.

Sure, I'll respond to which team had a duplicate problem (No reason it shouldn't be public knowledge either, I hope think my team won't be angry with sharing). We actually had our first TWO choices chosen by all you scoundrels! We wanted to be Team Victor- with Victoria of the English, but narrowly voted to not have a duplicate civ either (with the team who is Liz). Then, Pacal was our second choice, also another team, so the result can down to Joao.

Sure, I'll respond to which team had a duplicate problem (No reason it shouldn't be public knowledge either, I hope think my team won't be angry with sharing). We actually had our first TWO choices chosen by all you scoundrels! We wanted to be Team Victor- with Victoria of the English, but narrowly voted to not have a duplicate civ either (with the team who is Liz). Then, Pacal was our second choice, also another team, so the result can down to Joao.
Cool, thanks for that.

Interesting, so Team 4 is the only non-Financial team. I wonder if that will make much of a difference in the long term. Let's wait and see! :)

Well done Sullla :) Now we merely need a host :sad:

We are close to a teamname, Niklas will post it later if there are no really unpleased team members.

By the way (I don't think anyone's said this before publically) SANCTA stands for Super Awesome Ninjas- Cult of the Triple Alliance. :D

Ah, I think I remember seeing your website somewhere

Top Bottom