Another loading saved game crash after patch

Ok, you are totally right. I moved it and everything is working again...

It is annoying loosing so many time with a ridiculous mistake like that.

Thank you very much, i can continue building my empire now.

Thank you, this have solve the problem.

A very big thank you for solving my problem as well, this was driving me mad.

Hello, I am new on this forum and grieves me to introduce myself through a bug...
I have just picked up and reacquainted myself with Civ 5, but every time I try to load my saved games it crashes. I was able to load my saved games from earlier, though they are saved into the same folder. I have Civ 5 through steam and it is up to date, and I run Windows 7. And just to be clear, it is not when I press "next turn" after i have loaded, it simply crashes as i try to load the game, it is still on the "load game"-page-thingy.. I can play it with no issues, but only in one go. I hope someone can help me :)

Civ 5 G&K hangs when I try to load a recent save game. Letting steam verify local files and starting a new game and making a new saved game doesn't resolve the problem. Added the saved files and dxdiag. Could it be my name (André) again? Then this will be the THIRD time that I can't play a Civ5 release because of filepath issues...

The errormessage:
Probleemhandtekening:
Gebeurtenisnaam van probleem: APPCRASH
Naam van de toepassing: CivilizationV_DX11.exe
Versie van toepassing: 1.0.1.674
Tijdstempel van toepassing: 4fc504cb
Naam van foutmodule: CvGameCore_Expansion1.dll
Versie van foutmodule: 3.0.3.0
Tijdstempel van foutmodule: 4fc507d5
Uitzonderingscode: c0000005
Uitzonderingsmarge: 00027c64
Versie van besturingssysteem: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Landinstelling-id: 1043
Aanvullende informatie 1: 0a9e
Aanvullende informatie 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Aanvullende informatie 3: 0a9e
Aanvullende informatie 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    32.1 KB · Views: 73
  • William_0019 BC-3240.Civ5Save
    708.5 KB · Views: 81
  • William_0000 BC-4000.Civ5Save
    544.3 KB · Views: 47
I can confirm it is the old problem with special characters in the username again. I have created as a workaround a new useraccount (Ikkuh) and I can load saved games without any problem. But why do the developers have to make the same mistake again and again??? Please fix this issue.

André Alfenaar;11590685 said:

Moderator Action: Threads merged.

I just realize that it will be a giant problem in a few hours, when the people try to install G&K on spanish/portugese windows systems. Firaxis, hurry :ack:.

I'm having a problem with .Net Framework crashing again. Everytime I go try to go into 'Load Saves' the game crashes with a .Net error. I've tried reinstalling all the .Net stuff, and directx, but didn't work. I even tried the info from this page http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=453394&highlight=save+game , because it worked for me the last time this happened. Anyone else have any suggestions?
From your description I'm assuming that you can start new games? If not please let me know and ignore the suggestions below.
But if you can generally start new games and if it's happening already when you try to even enter the game I've seen one similar report. To try out if that's the issue go into a game, select Save Game in the menu and then check if you have any really old saves in the steam cloud. If so overwrite those saves. Then see if you can enter the Load Game menu again. And let us know :)

I also registered because of this bug.
I've tried moving the files and it doesn't work. I previously had problems starting a game after the patch, but I used this method. My game worked perfectly until yesterday. Now I can play saves prior to the patch and start a new game, but I can not play the one save I made after the patch. I have not tried making a new save of my old games, but I doubt it will work.

From your description I'm assuming that you can start new games? If not please let me know and ignore the suggestions below.
But if you can generally start new games and if it's happening already when you try to even enter the game I've seen one similar report. To try out if that's the issue go into a game, select Save Game in the menu and then check if you have any really old saves in the steam cloud. If so overwrite those saves. Then see if you can enter the Load Game menu again. And let us know :)

Tried you suggestion but it turns out that i can't even access the steam cloud. I clicked on the steam cloud icon but my game froze and got the .Net error again, though i can save a normally. Think i'm gonna revalidate then try turning the cloud off to hopefully fix the issue.

LoL Turns out my steam cloud wasn't even on. I turn the cloud back on and then made new save over the two that were there. I find it kind of odd that steam cloud was the issue.

Good day,

Problems here as well...
Although I never had any problem with Civ5, since the patch I'm facing crashes which lead to Windows blue screen!!!

I only use English characters, so it can't be a problem with the characters.

They have just bugged the game and they have to find a solution asap...

I posted this problem in this thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=465626

However, I also have a non-English character in my User (ø), and will try to move and come back with the result..

edit: Hm. It seems from the posted tutorial that I have to move the entire Documents folder, which I really doesn't want to. Could I rather create a new user with an "English" name and install the game from scratch there?

edit edit: Yep. That was the issue. Played from my Administrator account, and no issues presented themselves :)

I got Civilization 5 - Gods & Kings yesterday (european...:rolleyes:), and finally got to play a game today. So I started a game as Boudicca of the Celts, Continents Standard Size, Warlord Difficulty, Standard Time, No Mods...
Played some 20-something turns, founded a Parthenon (Stone Circles, I had a lot of stone around me (and one marble), and for somewhat role-play purposes :p), Alexander is my neighbor, angry as ever, Nebuchadnezzar II far away to the south...

I had to leave the computer for a while, so i saved, and exited the game. When i returned, however, the game would crash every time i would try to load that game...
I started the game, skipped the video, Single Player, Load Game, selected the previous save ("018 Boudicca"), Load, the music stuttered once, continue for a few more seconds, then the game went completely silent. "Sid Meier's Civilization V stopped working"...
Closed the game, tried it again, exact same behavior: "Sid Meier's Civilization V stopped working"...

Thinking it was an issue of loading saves in general, I tried loading a previous game i had as Sejong of Korea - it loaded correctly, music changed for CivV Vanilla theme as it loaded (because I didn't have the expansion yet, i guess), Babylon was now Denmark because of the recent patch, but that's about it... So i exited to the Main Menu and tried loading the Bouddica save once more, and crash...

At this point I tried to check the integrity of the game's cache: one file failed and was retrieved, tried again: crash...
As a test, I tried starting a new game, same settings as before - it loads the new game fine, and once done, I saved it ("Boudicca Test Save"), returned to the Main Menu, tried to load it again, and crash...

So by this point, I'm guessing the game is having trouble loading G&K save games, as those are the only ones that cause the crash... I tried it on my laptop, to see if the problem is isolated to my gaming desktop alone: crash...

And I've ran out of ideas... This is quite a bummer... :(

As attachments are the saves of the games that currently crash the game, hopefully it isn't just me...
My desktop is running Windows 7 64-bit, Intel Core 2 Quad CPU (@ 2.50GHz, 2.50GHz), 6GB of RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4650.
My laptop is running Windows 7 64-bit, Intel Core i5-2410M CPU (@ 2.30GHz, 2.30GHz), 4GB of RAM, Radeon HD 6770M.
(By the way, not sure if this is of any use, but in both cases, my Windows 7 user account has a special character "ã"... I remember when CivV first came out, it caused the game to be unplayable, though at the time there were also a ton of people complaining...)

I hope this issue can be resolved soon... Sorry for the long message, and for my wonky English (not a native speaker), hopefully i got my message across. :)

(By the way, not sure if this is of any use, but in both cases, my Windows 7 user account has a special character "ã"... I remember when CivV first came out, it caused the game to be unplayable, though at the time there were also a ton of people complaining...)

Yes, this is again a problem.
Please try to follow this and let us know if it fixes the problem.

(preemtpive note: If it does, I'll merge both threads)

Top Bottom