Another strategy for quick win in Deity duels

Alessio29

Chieftain
This was written for some people like me - who do not like playing with computer which has that HUGE handicap at start but want to have Steam achievement for winning on Deity. :)

Basic idea is the same as for playing as Hun - take civ that have early unique units and roll over some peaceful guy.

For experienced players one word would be sufficient - Shoshone. All others - welcome to little guide.

1. Game settings - duel, pangea, old world with high sea level and arid climate - thus we maximize our chances to get terrain without mountains, jungles and so on - to get to enemy's capital as quick as possible.
2. As you set your capital - focus on food until you get 3 citizens. Then switch to production. With Shoshone's unique ability you will have a lot of tiles to choose from and will get 3 pop quickly.
3. Build pathfinders until you get at least 5 of them (details will be below) then switch to Archers.
4. Tech: honestly - you may take whatever you want, but for greater efficiency - take Animal Husbandry for possible production bonus and Bronze Working for the same reason. After that - you may beeline Future Tech just for lulz.
5. Social policies - open Honor, get Great general, get extra experience (or bonus for adjacent unit if you like it more)

Basic idea is to get as many ruins as fast as possible (well, looks like too may 'as' here). From ruins you must get (in order of preference)
-only first time) culture (to open Honor as fast as possible)
a) upgrade to composite bow
b) culture (to get great general and other stuff)
c) gold (to buy archers)

When searching for ruins - kill barbs to gain experience (you may also change settings to save promotions for later use) and culture (Honor opening will help), find CS to get gold and use ruins to get CB - two of them will be plenty (I have won with one) and find your target - enemy capital.

When you get Great General, 2 CB and 3 Pathfinders - go and kill poor guy (or gal, who knows). You should have enough money to buy one Archer - do it. Keep building Archers and Pathfinders and send them to front line.

I have won using this strategy in 55 turns - mostly because my units needed 14 turns just to get from my cap to his cap.

Good luck!

Top Bottom