[BNW] Quest for Glory - Deity Challenge - Off shoot

Humidor

Chieftain
I haven't seen any others following the good tradition laid out by Nizef, so i thought i may be able to lend my own spin to a quest for glory. Apologies for stepping on any toes, bit I thought it was a great idea and I could lend a small twist. This time, you are playing as Arabia, and the question isn't whether you can win, but a quest to obtain your glory as fast as possible. The map has no mods of any kind.

You start all alone on a small continent as Arabia, and have one quest. You must dominate your neighbours and take over control of Pangea. You know there are only three adversaries, so it should be an easy ordeal. But is it ever really easy to beat the diety ai?

I gave the map a playthrough, and couldn't get it done before turn 107. But I also won by a much larger margin than required, and chose to attack my neighbours one at a time. I'm sure that record could be beaten handedly by a competent civ 5 player.

If you need any further motivation, consider the good Camel Archer practice you can get before stepping into multiplayer.

Attachments

• Quest for Glory - Offshoot.Civ5Save
    458.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 00.49.18.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 00.49.18.png
    7.1 MB · Views: 29
Just saw this. Hmm, I might be able to win this one. The Persia QfG is not going well. I better read the thread a little further down about how to get Petra because that would be amazing; but not likely on Deity for me.

Just saw this. Hmm, I might be able to win this one. The Persia QfG is not going well. I better read the thread a little further down about how to get Petra because that would be amazing; but not likely on Deity for me.
Try it! Not a lot of AI, so not a lot of competition for Petra. You should be able to comfortably go Writing-->Currency and have no problem building it. That was at least my experience :)

To me, it doesn't make sense to have the most Pangaea-centric civ locked on a small continent. IIRC the last Arabia game I played was Huge Pangaea with the challenge to convert all cities, with any WC. Think I probably settled it with DomV in the end, but a world with a lot of religions on Deity is a scary world.

Top Bottom