Another WW2 scenario

after playing hte game, I can not reload saved games.. I get a runtime error....

anyway to resolve that? you say you have fixed it in your notes but.... I still get it.

thanks

oh, and i am playing as russia.

Thank you rhettrongun for a great scenario. I've played a few round with Germany so far and everything worked fine except:

It seems I have an animation/display problem with some of the units.

Most of the ships and tanks are turned 90 degrees and make no animation during fight - seems only the "external" units, that came with the mod are affected...

Any ideas, guys?

- Latest patch installed
- occurs with both directx options
- had the "Assertion Failed!" error, but solved it as discribed
- tried loading it as a savegame or starting scenario via "setup game" - no effect

Attachments

• 2012-05-05_00001.jpg
    2012-05-05_00001.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 376
after playing hte game, I can not reload saved games.. I get a runtime error....

anyway to resolve that? you say you have fixed it in your notes but.... I still get it.

thanks

oh, and i am playing as russia.

so, no matter what race I play as, I can not reload the saved games.

as mentioned in the last 4 or so pages of this thread, I have attempted to move the korea/wonders/denmark DLC's, but then I can not load the saves (load buttons says the dlc is missing) nor can I start a new game.

thanks

so, no matter what race I play as, I can not reload the saved games.

as mentioned in the last 4 or so pages of this thread, I have attempted to move the korea/wonders/denmark DLC's, but then I can not load the saves (load buttons says the dlc is missing) nor can I start a new game.

thanks

right, I have figured it out....

I found the

\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\DLC

folder, in here I found DLC01 to 06, and a few others.
I removed the DLC_06, as this was the ancient wonders DLC.

it now works fine.

Hey. Remember, I was saying that the mix of units, AI is using is not so good... (AI is building nearly no tanks or planes) I was looking and working on your mod and here's what I found out: The flavors of the WW2 leaders are very "flat" (mostly at 5, +/- 1). Had big succes by raising flavor_offensive at higher level (7-8), at some cases at flavor_air and flavor_naval. This might be neccesairy because of the lots of recources needed for this units... Tested it and Stalin is now building more t34/85's, wich I missed so much :goodjob:
I also worked on the HP system and healing rates. It's not balanced finaly (embarked units get smashed by one attacke), but changed the way, AI is conquering lands. With some historic map changes: Austria kicked, the cities are to germany and a stronger german economy; Germany is now more graping on europe as AI got it before...
(If you want to, you can send me your e-mail on CFF private mail, then I'll send you the XML files, so you can see...)

Hey. Remember, I was saying that the mix of units, AI is using is not so good... (AI is building nearly no tanks or planes) I was looking and working on your mod and here's what I found out: The flavors of the WW2 leaders are very "flat" (mostly at 5, +/- 1). Had big succes by raising flavor_offensive at higher level (7-8), at some cases at flavor_air and flavor_naval. This might be neccesairy because of the lots of recources needed for this units... Tested it and Stalin is now building more t34/85's, wich I missed so much :goodjob:
I also worked on the HP system and healing rates. It's not balanced finaly (embarked units get smashed by one attacke), but changed the way, AI is conquering lands. With some historic map changes: Austria kicked, the cities are to germany and a stronger german economy; Germany is now more graping on europe as AI got it before...
(If you want to, you can send me your e-mail on CFF private mail, then I'll send you the XML files, so you can see...)

do you think you could send me this file please?

do you think you could send me this file please?

NOPE! Copyright is on rhetto ;)

I'll give you some small modding guide instead:

flavors difine the priority, leaders build units, building, ...,. the higher the number is, the higher is the priority. Each leader's flavors (and all the other character infos) are set in the leader_XY.xml (part 1, leaders folder). By editing these entries, you change the way, a leader acts. To understand it better just open any units.xml or buildings.xml file in any mod or in the original civ5 assets and search for unit_flavors / building_flavors. Per example, a tank unit has a high flavor on flavor_offensive and flavor_mobile. So if you rise the value for offensive and mobile in the leader_XY.xml, the edited leader will build more tanks. Same for all other flavors.
The hitpoint system is located in the GlobalDefines.xml. The lower the valve is (once for units, once for cities), the less a unit can take before it dies. (vanilla is 10 for units, 20 for cities). So with a combination of lower HPsystem and a slower healrate (categories are how units heal in friendly territory and in cities and how cities themselve heal from attacks), you make the game more offensive, too. The lower HP system also makes units die more, so helps building more modern units to the AI.

All the .xml files can be changed by using the editor in windows. to test the effect, you can simply change them and go back to a saved game to test it... (backup is recommended)

i have no clue what any of that means :confused: ive very bad a modding myself. im great when it comes to the game itself but bad at modding lol.

Thank you rhettrongun for a great scenario. I've played a few round with Germany so far and everything worked fine except:

It seems I have an animation/display problem with some of the units.

Most of the ships and tanks are turned 90 degrees and make no animation during fight - seems only the "external" units, that came with the mod are affected...

Any ideas, guys?

- Latest patch installed
- occurs with both directx options
- had the "Assertion Failed!" error, but solved it as discribed
- tried loading it as a savegame or starting scenario via "setup game" - no effect
Seams to me like you missed to move the edited animations to the original assets folder... Read the description of the mod ;)

so some things ive noticed as ive been playing this lately and let me say ive used every country this mod has to offer and been using a mod that always lets me see the map(no fog of war) in order to allow me to see what the other civs are doing so that i can see how the play out in battle. so this is just my notes here bud and suggestions.
1. the first thing i always see happen is the fact that as kps said the AI builds bearly anything useful they mostly use ranged units and not good ones at that. their airforce is usaly non exsitant or very weak and their navy just depends on the country(but needless to say usaly its weak)
2. the embarked units is a bit reduclious. i dont know if its jsut me but if a bomber attacks a embarked unit i'm pretty sure that unit would die. but insted a good portion of the time they live which makes little to no sense.
3. some of the ablitys are useless. like americas ability. its pretty useless. i have a list of ideas for abilitys if youd like it but this is up to you.

the mod itself is great but these are some things ive noticed.

so some things ive noticed as ive been playing this lately and let me say ive used every country this mod has to offer and been using a mod that always lets me see the map(no fog of war) in order to allow me to see what the other civs are doing so that i can see how the play out in battle. so this is just my notes here bud and suggestions.
1. the first thing i always see happen is the fact that as kps said the AI builds bearly anything useful they mostly use ranged units and not good ones at that. their airforce is usaly non exsitant or very weak and their navy just depends on the country(but needless to say usaly its weak)
2. the embarked units is a bit reduclious. i dont know if its jsut me but if a bomber attacks a embarked unit i'm pretty sure that unit would die. but insted a good portion of the time they live which makes little to no sense.
3. some of the ablitys are useless. like americas ability. its pretty useless. i have a list of ideas for abilitys if youd like it but this is up to you.

the mod itself is great but these are some things ive noticed.

1.) see my post up there... you have to rise the depending flavors for the leaders (offensive, mobile, air, perhaps naval)
2.) change HP system...
3.) I have no opinion to that :lol:

For me, I'm working on these things, is doing well. If rhretto gives his OK, I'll load up a small mod, changing this things (1 and 2). It workes fine till now, you just have to remove the "leaders" folder and the "GlobalDefines.xml" from part 1 of the mod and load this small mod...

I keep getting that crash error Runtime
I have followed the instructions on what to do but a bit unsure on what it means. I deleted the DLC Folder but all that happens then is I can't pick one of the Civs.

How does one fix the Runtime error?
Also I just have the Original version. No downloaded DLC but the game does see and play the Mongol DLC. (if that is the DLC)

Thanks

I keep getting that crash error Runtime
I have followed the instructions on what to do but a bit unsure on what it means. I deleted the DLC Folder but all that happens then is I can't pick one of the Civs.

How does one fix the Runtime error?
Also I just have the Original version. No downloaded DLC but the game does see and play the Mongol DLC. (if that is the DLC)

Thanks

Hi,

I have the same problem. Civ 5 GOTY edition with all DLCs. If I remove DLC 6, the scenario wont start. If I left it in the DLC directory it starts, but cant load saves because of runtime errors.
If it starts I can build ancient wonders, nice ;)

But I have other special experence also. Last time I installed CivV directory other than the recomended. I could reload until 7th turn saves, 8th saves always fail.
:sad:

Hi,

I have the same problem. Civ 5 GOTY edition with all DLCs. If I remove DLC 6, the scenario wont start. If I left it in the DLC directory it starts, but cant load saves because of runtime errors.
If it starts I can build ancient wonders, nice ;)

But I have other special experence also. Last time I installed CivV directory other than the recomended. I could reload until 7th turn saves, 8th saves always fail.
:sad:

I also have the GOTY edition, don't have to remove anything. Did you resave the map before playing? That's the only thing I have to do...

This is a great Scenario, Thanks alot !

one questio, Where do i Change the game speed to Marathon/epic ? cant seem to find any map for that and it doesnt work in world builder.

I have really enjoyed this scenario, it's awesome. I played the Germans, and by 1942, had taken over much of the world and was attacking the US 3 pronged (Mexico, Alaska, and a major landing in Nova Scotia)
I have problems, playing the Russians, blows up in turn 49, just as the germans first declare war.
I have fixed many issues of loading. Turn down video res, turn down high resolution options, turn off intro, cleared cashe many times, have even reinstalled ,and replayed the entire scenario which again blows up in turn 48. Reinstalled a few times does not help.
Playing the Japenese isn't much better, it stops abruptly too.
Is anyone still playing this? I've invested hundreds of hours playing and fixing to keep it playing, but still have really enjoyed it.
None other scenario compares. I would still like to continue to play it if I can get bast russian turn 49.
I've read so many posts about the exception errors, and have fixed many times, but not all.
Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Well Since the new update to Civ 5 with the steam workshop and all it seems that when you play the game the ships just look like a army of pikemen that walk on water.

I've tried reinstalling it but this doesn't seem to work and and if I remember right some of the animations are broken. :cringe:

Anybody else have this problem? :confused:

@rhettrongun, you may find my post here useful if you plan to update to the current patch.

Rhettrongun,

BTW I have to say your mod/campaign is awesome. I think one of the best ever as far as WWII goes. Hopefully you make more.

Sadly this last update from Steam screwed it up. Tanks and ships show up as spearman and so forth. It was working just fine until the lastest update.

Any chance on updating us on how to fix this I really want to get back playing again?

Thanks

Top Bottom