Anti-racist racism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahuti

Writing Deity
Is there a tendency among the far-left to view certain ethnic groups as inherently racist, thus becoming themselves fairly close to being legit fascists and/or supporting ultranationalist movements that have antisentiments against the ethnic groups that are "attacked" by the Far-Left?

I note that Chinese democracy activists of the late 19th century and early 20th century often displayed racially charged Anti-Manchu sentiments, despite their otherwise egalitarian views, for instance.

Is this one of these threads where someone says something, but the rest of the discussion is targeted towards what he's saying?

Is this one of these threads where someone says something, but the rest of the discussion is targeted towards what he's saying?

I hope not. I felt the premise was rather easy to understand and explain, and I suspect that those that express bewilderment what I'm trying to say are feeling insulted.

No, I'm quite sure it'll be one of these ones. First, since when anti-racists and racists are actual races?

Wrong OP. But there is a tendency for far leftists to believe so strongly in multiculturalism, that they think that anyone of a different ethnicity must automatically follow a different culture. I've experienced this a lot with such leftists that just randomly try to 'be nice to me' by saying something that they think must be about my perceived culture because I have more melanin in my skin than they do.

TBH I find it more offensive than blunt openly racist fascists, at least those know they are being racist as opposes to the naive liberal far leftist who thinks 'hurr durr there's a black person, he must celebrate kwanza!'.

No, I'm quite sure it'll be one of these ones. First, since when anti-racists and racists are actual races?

<racist mode on>Don't try anything funny Mr. HELLO. <racistmode off>

I'll have the thread closed if it turns out people take the opportunity to dogpile me here.

The thing here is, that you addressed the "far-Leftists", without even a real base of those. Or, at least, of their opinions. This might come out as a surprise, but they're also people with rather diverse range of opinions, which cannot be fully summed in one-liners or something.

What groups do the far-left (by which you probably mean someone further to the left than George W Bush?) think are inherently racist?

What groups do the far-left (by which you probably mean someone further to the left than George W Bush?) think are inherently racist?

Actually, further to the left than most of today's Social Democrats. I wouldn't go as far directly saying the CFC commies suffer from the sentiment as well.

Anyway, whatever ethnic groups are targeted depends on the particular movement and the political circumstances in which they operate. As I mentioned earlier, early Chinese Republicans were Anti-Manchu, to a genocidal level. The Manchus were seen as born to dominate, so they had to die... painfully.

That basically it: Some ethnic groups are seen as having a naturally dominant nature, and to the left-winger, being dominant is of course bad. The problem is that in this case you are born with a dominant nature, and the 'born with' part is a bit more right-wing. You actually have groups that oppose their own ethnic groups for being inherently dominating, such as the Anti-Germans.

Isn't the "dominating" part of the theory about cultures the complete opposite of what the far-left theory of multiculturalism is even about?

If there is one, of course.

I'm having a lot of trouble understanding what you're saying.

Do you mean that being dominant is a desirable trait (of some ethnicities!?), and no one, not even far-leftists should dream of challenging this?

Seems to be a rather fascist way of thinking to my mind.

Wait, I thought that he's arguing that the far-leftists are supporting a theory of dominant cultures?

Yes, but they're still subscribed (so as to speak) to the theory, and while they're rejecting it, they're still thinking there's dominant cultures existing.

What they're saying is that they're bad, however.

I thought righties don't like the idea that some people are just born that way. :confused:

Well, you seem to be talking about libertarians, though I wouldn't really consider them right-wing. Your ancestors always are bound to bring you a baggage, good or ill.

Isn't the "dominating" part of the theory about cultures the complete opposite of what the far-left theory of multiculturalism is even about?

If there is one, of course.

Congrats, you have just exposed their major contradiction!

Anti-Racism is a toxic idealogy. The moral choice is non-racism and colour blindness. Identity politics and it's spawn cannot exist in a truly colour blind society but that is the route they have chosen.

Anti-racism combined with hyperpolitical correctness leads to situations like Rotherham. It disables the moral faculty and makes intelligent and sincere people turn a blind eye to atrocities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom