Any good concept art (even in other games' gfx) of ancient or medieval mines?

1705775606054.png

It is becoming very rapidly obvious that I will need to build stuff around it, to make the water/river believable.

It is a nice graphic for a watermill building - and could replace the current watermill building in the RARR mod. :)

For ancient mines in my eyes the firaxis graphics with a wiped out waggon and the Vuldacon placement is the best solution. If indeed a good water connection to the watermill could be done, there would be the danger, that players could mix up that graphic with a real river tile on the map and think the water round the mill would provide an additional defense bonus for units by a river.

It is a nice graphic for a watermill building - and could replace the current watermill building in the RARR mod. :)

For ancient mines in my eyes the firaxis graphics with a wiped out waggon and the Vuldacon placement is the best solution. If indeed a good water connection to the watermill could be done, there would be the danger, that players could mix up that graphic with a real river tile on the map and think the water round the mill would provide an additional defense bonus for units by a river.
You know what is the thing I hate the second-most?
Pixel-editing. Because it makes it pointless that I 3d modeled stuff and had them computer-calculated.
But the thing I hate the absolute most is my gfx not being recognized as superior :p

1706016597997.png

I will upload the file today or one of these days.
On second thought, I might just create a matching ancient fort/colony etc first.

Last edited:
That's not it, though, if you look at (eg) the civ-size version windows, they are a blur and no texture will change that.

Made some lighting + resolution changes, but it's still a long way from anything I want.

1706394402133.png

Last edited:
What about simply sharpen the image ?

Fortress sharpened.png

Yes, but I need to establish how to do it in Blender 4. I don't wish to have to manually edit stuff after the render :)
And I don't mean sharpening a rendered image in Blender (which typically produces a terrible result), but having the render be sharp enough (as were my old gfx with Blender 2.8).

Last edited:
Top Bottom