Any ideas on what could be causing this?

gnole

Chieftain
I have had these glitches lately.
Heroes, some units, and even the regular ones cause glitches.
Not always the same unit, every time a different one, but every time something causes glitches.

Did anyone have a problem like this?

Here is my system:

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Matisse 7nm Technology
RAM
32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 1599MHz
Motherboard
ASRock X570 Pro4 (AM4)
Graphics
ATI Radeon RX 5500 XT (Gigabyte)

I am using nearly 130 mod 🙈

But the main mod is "Civ6 Plus: Harmony in Diversity v1.3.7" and nearly whatever they are suggesting + a couple of more the ones that I liked.

However, the glitches are new. I've been using these modes for a long time.

The leader pass has increased the number of assets, FWIW; it might be worth disabling the new leader packs and seeing if that stops the glitches

I am in the middle of a game. Disabling the new leader pack might affect the game, I assume. Right?

I am using nearly 130 mod 🙈
The number of mods is much less relevant than the number of asset heavy mods. Even having only a few that add many new assets can cause issues.
But the main mod is "Civ6 Plus: Harmony in Diversity v1.3.7" and nearly whatever they are suggesting + a couple of more the ones that I liked.
I don't know anything about that mod and what if any assets it adds. Not to mention the other 129.
However, the glitches are new. I've been using these modes for a long time.
How new? If it's been since the Leader Pass, that could be the culprit for hitting the asset limit. The additional leader assets that the LP added to the game has further shrunk the available number we can add via mods. Previous setups that worked fine before can now cause glitches.
Disabling the new leader pack might affect the game, I assume. Right?
It will have no effect on your current game.

Last edited:
Just one more thing: check graphic card if it is not overheating. Run some benchmark that pushes graphics to maximum.

The GPU (ATI Radeon RX 5500 XT (Gigabyte)) is updated as it is suggested. Everything is low or disabled in both the GPU and the game.

I figured out that if I put a civil unit like Apostle or etc. the big glitch disappears.
Hakkapelitta (Sweeden) units were first, but Maya Tolcans are my nightmares for now.
And if I play in strategy view, all good. But it looks like the first civ's, still better than civ 1 or 2 :p

By the way, I am at turn 175 and one turn takes around 2hours :)

Top Bottom