[NFP] Any mods that severely nerf walls?

As the title says, I'd like to know if anyone knows about any mods that severely nerf walls in the game as they currently exist.

Walls have annoyed me to such an extent lately that I notice they affect the game I play too much (usually restricting warfare to an ancient era rush, protracted warfare from classical till Flight/Advanced Flight, then steamrolling the AI again with balloons, bombers and tanks), which creates a repetitiveness that kills my enjoyment.
Another reason that walls annoy me is that they seem like the main culprit from preventing the AI from dominating each other, which is annoying since I liked the challenge of taking on an out of control AI "super power" that had dominated all their neighbours, which somewhat frequently happened in civ 5 (haven't seen that in civ 6 for ages).
The AI unfortunately still seems incapable of using battering rams/catapults consistently enough against other walls (even if they do build them now), which lets me get away with a pretty crap army (when I play peacefully) as long as I have ancient walls in my border cities.
Bottom line here - I want more volatile games, both for me and the AI.

That being said, I've tried the mod "Stupidwalls", which reduces wall HP from 100 to 50 per wall level. While it does alleviate my annoyances to some extent, I'm still fed up with the harsh -85% damage from melee units to walls. I notice that the battering ram/catapult comes online slightly too late on Deity before the AI has walls, which still leaves me in that awkward situation of an ancient era rush being the most consistent early game domination strategy to get that foothold.
If there any other mod out there that changes walls to behave more like in civ 5, where they give cities a HP buff and slight combat strength buff, instead of the mechanic with a separate "wall meter" with harsh penalties to melee strength?
Preferably also giving cities a baseline city ranged attack even without walls, so as to keep some defensive power for cities early on.

Any pointers would be very appreciated, as that would most likely re-spark my interest in this game. :high5:

Last edited:
Top Bottom