Any other Civ 5 promo's like D2d?

VincentCecelia

Chieftain
I missed the preload for $10 off, because I wanted a box copy for manual but since there isnt one, I am just looking for the best bang for buck.

there might be some last minute sales popping up, but i wouldn't hold my breath.

i still think D2D has the best deal with being able to get the future DLC included in the deluxe addition. but thats just my opinion, i don't understand map packs for civ. much rather have the civs

I just used the code PAX to get $5 off. Don't know how long its good for and its not as good as the $10 obviously but for those of us that missed that promo at least its something.

I just used the code PAX to get $5 off. Don't know how long its good for and its not as good as the $10 obviously but for those of us that missed that promo at least its something.

I get an error saying code is invalid for item in cart (only thing in cart is Civ 5)

i still think D2D has the best deal with being able to get the future DLC included in the deluxe addition. but thats just my opinion, i don't understand map packs for civ. much rather have the civs

Agreed. This has been the best deal all along, IMO. The promos that people have found just make it better.

I don't need the extra civs and maps for now... I just want to play, so I got a boxed version from Play.com - EUR 37.99 (free shipping in EU).

It's cheap and even brings the Mediterranean map...

Every other "extra" I'll probably get later, when the "gold"/"platinum"/"extra"/"final"/whatever versions come out.
If you try to buy everything you'll just spend a lot of money on things that the Mod community will also address.

P.S. If I lived in the UK I could even get it cheaper! there's a £22.98 incl shipping!!

I get an error saying code is invalid for item in cart (only thing in cart is Civ 5)

Not sure why that happened. I am in the US so maybe it is a country thing, I'm sure they can direct you to whatever site they want you to see based on your IP address. I just typed in pax, I did it in lower case but I dont believe its case sensitive as I tried the other two $10 off promo codes before that and was told that they had expired. I typed those as lower case when everywhere had listed them as uppercase but the system still recognized it to be an expired code. I also only had the Civ 5 deluxe version in my cart, nothing else.
I was able to preload it right afterwards so its all set to go. Hopefully you can find something that works for you. Best of luck.

Edit - Just saw that you said you were in the US. Thats really strange. I don't want to link to other sites or anything but if you google "D2D promo codes" you should find the one towards the top of the list that I got this code from. Make sure you have some kind of safe search on so that you go to a trusted site and not something that will try and download anything to your computer that you dont want. I use both WOT and McAfee Site Advisor in Firefox so I kind of know before I click on a link if the site is safe.

Top Bottom