Anyone a fan of time victory?

Nytheongaming

Chieftain
I don't mean getting a time victory where all victories are possible. I mean time victory only. Where you try and maximize every aspect of your civilization as possible. As a casual marathon player. It's been a real joy trying to beat high scores and such. As opposed to scores from 1 victory condition. Which is usually just an amount of turns. Recently I have been trying to beat every single victory type by the final turn. It's not easy. Well every victory type as far as I can.

The Ai also acts a little differently I think with time victory only. I may be wrong. But it appears to try and maximize everything just as I do. They are also quick to target public enemy #1 but maybe it's always been that way. Hard to tell.

Last edited:
Not really and especially not on Marathon. How long was that game, 40hours ?

I can see the appeal of time victory if you dont try to optimize it I guess, or give yourself other objectives than score. Because otherwise score being a function of population and land (and other non scalable stuff), spamming cities all game long is the best strategy to get a big score but that slows down the game tremendously.

For the reasons Acken mentioned I think setting a turn limit makes a high score victory more interesting. You actually have to make choices like do you try to conquer everything, do you settle as much as you can or do you rush the tech tree and wonders? Factors other than # of cities and pop come into play. There was a couple of challenges like that in the GOTM section.

Top Bottom