Anyone else getting a lot(40%) of isolated starts?

CBE Player

Warlord
Hi
I have played startup testing for a bit on Deity and have been getting a ton(about 40%) isolated starts with me and no one else on the total land mass. Thought once Vicky was on a mountain separated tip of my land.

I run random leaders and everything else normal on standard map/speed. No other changes at all.

Sorry I don't have a system capable of videos to show this.

I am just checking if this is a typical event on Deity.

Yes, I think the default number of civs per map size is a little too low again. I usually add two to four, and raise the sea level to high to limit the available land a little. Four is a bit extreme, but fun in a hectic way. Two seems to be a good number.

Yes, I think the default number of civs per map size is a little too low again. I usually add two to four, and raise the sea level to high to limit the available land a little. Four is a bit extreme, but fun in a hectic way. Two seems to be a good number.
Do you see this in other forms like lower difficulty or different settings also?

OK Thanks Abraxis!

anyone else having this happen? Probably not enough people testing this out or even thinking about it this early after release. SO I will patiently await others for replies.

What the...? I remove 2 civs on an standard map and I still see too many civs on my landmass. I've had to quit more than one game because of civs and/or city states blocking my 2nd or 3rd city.

What the...? I remove 2 civs on an standard map and I still see too many civs on my landmass. I've had to quit more than one game because of civs and/or city states blocking my 2nd or 3rd city.

Well That's diff. I have not had that one...yet! Though in my last few games of C5 I did have the old Forward settle garbage...

Yep, I've quit some great maps for being too crowded. Meeting way to many civ's before turn 20. And I shuffle my maps (the only way to play).

OK now things are getting strange in the other way. I now get more than 80% maps testing out on Deity to be crowded.
What's next, normalcy...

This is only 10 new game starts though so not to many testing out.

Not sure what the 1GB download is today though maybe some patchwork?!? here's to hoping...

I've started adding 1-2 AIs to the game, as I like the early expansion push wars.
This method does help in obtaining high ranking units for late game toppling. Most of my current game units have been around as warriors and rock throwers. They all have at least level 4-5 now by Medieval times.

Do you also get this?

This method does help in obtaining high ranking units for late game toppling. Most of my current game units have been around as warriors and rock throwers. They all have at least level 4-5 now by Medieval times.

Do you also get this?
Yeah, i'm Industrial right now but most of my Mamluk horde is level 4-5. I even have an Mamluk Army (way before the required tech) unit I got when a Great General retired. It's too bad you don't get XP for killing apostles and missionaries, I've exterminated what feels like swarms of Gilgamesh's Buddhist minions :nono:

yeah and the leveling system only has so many levels from what I have seen or am a I missing something?

I wish, I usually have to eliminate a Civ or two just for lebensraum. Thankfully they also usually declare war early on and spare me the hassle of choosing which ones.

Top Bottom