Anyone else have it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just called my local EB here in San Antonio, TX. I asked about my pre-order (it's an in-store pickup) and he said it will arrive TODAY at around 12:00. He told me it will DEFINITELY arrive today, so that's good enough for me.

I could be wrong, but it seems that the late shipment problem is isolated in the East Coast. Could it be because of the horrendous weather? Just a thought.

Marcus

Marcuso said:
I just called my local EB here in San Antonio, TX. I asked about my pre-order (it's an in-store pickup) and he said it will arrive TODAY at around 12:00. He told me it will DEFINITELY arrive today, so that's good enough for me.

I could be wrong, but it seems that the late shipment problem is isolated in the East Coast. Could it be because of the horrendous weather? Just a thought.

Marcus

That sounds promising, good luck. This forum is loaded and I don't see anyone having the game as of yet.

Well...so far we've had reports from MI, NC, NJ, and other places east of the Mississippi, all of which weren't really affected by the weather. ;) They all report that the game will not be there for pick-up till tomorrow. There must be another strange reason why you lucky Texans are getting it today.

Yeah, I talked to my local Gamestop in College Station, TX, and they told me (last night, 24th) that the game would be in around noon on the 25th and i could pick it up then.

I hate to break the news, but I'd suggest calling again and getting a confirmation that they are getting the game for sure today. Ask that they actually check their incoming shipments screen to confirm they are getting it, not just quote a release date.

Last night the dates in my store's computer was changed to 10/26 again -- we do not show the game coming in our shipments.

Many employees will just tell you the last thing they knew, without confirming. If you asked me yesterday I would've told you I was certain it'd be in today. However after checking the computer today, I now know it won't be in -- if I hadn't checked the computer, I would've told you today.

Make sure they're giving you the very latest information -- not just something from memory!

Looks like tomorrow is the Big Day. I bet the threads see a dramatic drop-off tomorrow, as we all lock ourselves in secluded locations to play the game.

jar2574 said:
Looks like tomorrow is the Big Day. I bet the threads see a dramatic drop-off tomorrow, as we all lock ourselves in secluded locations to play the game.

I'll believe it when the fat lady sings, Oz will probably get it sooner than North America...

-SA

:rolleyes: No lucky Texan here. I just called my EB Games in Gainesville TX (North of Dallas) and they overly patiently told me it would be tommorow, not today. :cry:

all three EB stores in Corpus Christi, Texas have said it will be tomorrow as well

when I called earlier today, the guy at EB said their shipment comes in later today. Sooo, at exactly 3:10 EST I will call again to see if it's there yet.

New Braunsfels, TX here, and yes.....tomorrow :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom