Anyone had a successful MP game?

BurnEmDown

Emperor
I've tried a few today, most had terrible lags right on the start and 4\5 ppl left, and after founding their first colonies everyone declared war on natives and died, so game was over even before I founded my second colony, what was your MP experience?

We had several good games last night; quitters are unavoidable in online play.

Now, if only Firaxis would fix the various out of sync bugs, bizarre amphibious attack and retire bugs, and re-work the pause feature so as to prevent people from hot-joining games and then constantly hitting the pause button.

And yes, multiplayer is "Powered by GameSpy," but no, GameSpy did not design these features of the game. And yes, these features of the game can be fixed.

We are playing a 2 player game and we had no problem sync wise.

However we cannot trade, which is a major disappoinment.

Try playing it with fewer players.

Anyone tries a PBEM game if it's even possible. I have the game just didn't look that far lol. I play a few Civ IV PBEM games so will keep my eye out for any Col PBEM's.

MOST games started with rush, then few quitters, then war and done.

Some games people got cannon, dragoon, and maybe pirate.

Only 1/10 online games reached frigate.

And the farest I have seen is 2 turn away from first Ship-In-Line.

I have been tried with a friend for 2v1king, and it was too long... we saved the game. (have to admit, we would lose anyway, cause only 15-20 ships vs similar amount of MoW and similar ratio for land military)...

Really, people don't need to quit until they have NO city, NO land unit, and NO $$$ to hire a new immigrant (cause if no city, immigrant cross won't increase).

Ive made a game with people from another board almost every day this week. Most of them were quite alright, but we are a polite bunch with hardly no rushing etc. No sync issues what so ever. But than again we never had that with civ4 either.

Well I don't have the time to play long sessions of MP games which is why I prefer PBEM. I don't mind that they can go on for months ... maybe even years lol. I'll keep my eye out for any PBEM's in the future.

Did a large number of IP based games without problem. Only bad taste is that u have to re-start with same number of players or you get out-of-sync messages.

Well I don't have the time to play long sessions of MP games which is why I prefer PBEM. I don't mind that they can go on for months ... maybe even years lol. I'll keep my eye out for any PBEM's in the future.

How long would a marathon game take from 1492 to 1792 in PBEM? Would the game still run on Vista 2020, for instance? :lol:

Anybody up for a MP game?

I've always liked the idea of MP... but aside from the fact the I'm not competitive and dislike pretty much any ME vs Anyone video game, I find the idea of MP Colonization where you basically go to war with another colony to be a rather silly use of a game about exploration, trade, and declaring independence from the evil oppressive empire across the ocean.

The cooperative MP sounds good (as I always love coop MP), but organizing an MP game that will take 20+ hours is probably very difficult. And if it's not with someone you know, it seems the odds of a dropout are high. That's potentially a lot of wasted time. I'm a patient and determined player, but I find that most people lack at least one of those qualities.

guys someone please create a network on hamachi. or let me know if you want me to do it.

new to this site, but old to civ games - civ2 9 years, col94 5 yrs, col4 1 year, civ 5 1 year

hello goeiendag ;) (flemmish) anyone like to play a game there is (as said in previous threads) nobody in the lobby, just join ill check mostly all day europe time but can playduring night my nickname is jonzy i am28 years old speak french dutch and english
im not gonna kick your ass im not verry good but like to play

Top Bottom