[AOE] Master Craftsman buildings

Arrowgrab

Chieftain
Hello, good folks.
I have a question about the various "Master ..." buildings, such as Master Outfitter, Master Smith, Master Fletcher, Master Rancher (IIRC), Master Siegesmith... maybe there's another one of two. My problem is similar to the one described in this thread, but that thread isn't helping; maybe because it's about RiFE, and I suspect Ashes of Erebus might be different.

So, my problem is that they all seem to have a prerequisite that's impossible to fulfill. Going by heart, the prerequisites for each are:

- Have a certain technology - CHECK
- Have a related production building present (e.g. Fletcher for Master Fletcher) - CHECK
- Have a Great Person who will be consumed - CHECK
- Team must have at least 1 of the same type of master building (so to build a Master Fletcher, there must already be at least one Master Fletcher owned by the team - PROBLEM

It's the last one that's causing me problems for the obvious reason: if I (or someone else on the team) need to already have at least one building of the same type, then how can anyone ever build the very first one?

I would be grateful for an explanation.

you just need a great person. a great engineer will found the master smith, then you can send a unit from that city to spread the 'corporation'. the wording "must have at least one Master..." is a little ( a lot..) misleading, yes.

The tooltip is just plain bad. Basically the way these work is that you have to use an engineer to build the first one and that unlocks the ability to build more of them. So if you want a Master Fletcher in every city you just need 1 Great Engineer to build 1 Master Fletcher in 1 city. And after that you can build them like you would regular buildings.

But if you than want a master outfitter as well you need to repeat the procedure with a new engineer for that one.

The tooltip is just plain bad. Basically the way these work is that you have to use an engineer to build the first one and that unlocks the ability to build more of them. So if you want a Master Fletcher in every city you just need 1 Great Engineer to build 1 Master Fletcher in 1 city. And after that you can build them like you would regular buildings.

But if you than want a master outfitter as well you need to repeat the procedure with a new engineer for that one.

Hmm... Can't check right now because I've used up my Great Engineer for something else, but I was pretty sure I had all the prerequisites then, and the button was still darkened out. Will need to get another GE and experiment more. Thanks for the replies, will get back here if I still can't make it work.

Also, AoE seems to have rekindled my love of FfH2/mods/modmods.

Tell me about it. Like this mod is the only reason I play CIV4 any more.

Top Bottom