• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

AP: 'Darth Vader' spared jail in Jedi church attacks

Source: Associated Press
Link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080514...ader_raider;_ylt=AicAnb33yJfCcWI9Tku_qxus0NUE
A man who dressed up as Darth Vader, wearing a garbage bag for a cape, and assaulted the founders of a group calling itself the Jedi church was given a suspended sentence Tuesday.

Arwel Wynne Hughes, 27, attacked Jedi church founder Barney Jones — aka Master Jonba Hehol — with a metal crutch, hitting him on the head, prosecutors told Holyhead Magistrates' Court.

He also whacked Jones' 18-year-old cousin, Michael Jones — known as Master Mormi Hehol — bruising his thigh in the March 25 incident, prosecutors said.

Unfortunately for Hughes, his March attack was recorded on a video camera that the cousins had set up to film themselves in a light saber battle.

"Darth Vader! Jedis!" Hughes shouted as he approached.

District Judge Andrew Shaw sentenced Hughes to two months in jail but suspended the sentence for one year. He also ordered Hughes to pay $195 to each of his victims and $117 in court costs.

This was the funniest news article of the year.
:lol: :lol:
Darth Vader got owned and fined!!

A breaking news update of this story. A complete twist none expected. The Darth Vader guy is actually the lost Father of the person he attacked. After his DNA was taken from the scene and his identity was finally realized.

Luke says he can't describe how happy he is for finally finding the father he had never met. What an unexpected twist of the story !

It's nice to see that the future is bright... if Vader were to be born today, he'd be fined and jailed, so we're all safe :)

:mad: Reagan, the Ford Taurus, big hair, Tiffany, Molly Ringwald, and Some Kind of Wonderful FTW fool! 80s ruled.

I don't retract a thing.

:mad: Reagan, the Ford Taurus, big hair, Tiffany, Molly Ringwald, and Some Kind of Wonderful FTW fool! 80s ruled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4S7oVi06V0

Ah, but was the SHO not a Japanese Yamaha engine? What else were the Japanese doing for us in the 80s?

Conan Obrien drives an SHO.

Also, ever try to change spark plugs on an SHO? Gotta rip the manifold apart, need to see your Ford dealer cause you can only use Motocraft Spark plugs, and every 20K you need to see the dealer again for the mandatory tune up.

'86 baby here...

the 80s had the Flash Gordon movie; that alone earns them some points.

Must. Hold. In. Laughter.

ROFLMAO!!!

The 80s were the best. In fact, whenever I drive my Turbo Z I wear a Darth Vader costume and listen to Rush.

Wow, the car Thulsa Doom drives! Darth Vader has a mechanical echoing sound to his voice, so that must be Thulsa Doom.

I was born in the 80's! :(

Hell I grew up in the 80s! I was born in 1975 so my childhood and puberty years were all 80s. Awesome, awesome decade dudes! Totally rad! People who didn't grow up in the 80s but were born in that decade must think about it the way I think about the 70s. But in all honesty the 70s were damned depressing.

Fantastic! And those are some truly awful Jedi names.

What no shooting into peoples faces ? oh wait ....

Hughes claimed he couldn't remember the incident, having drunk the better part of a 2 1/2-gallon (10-liter) box of wine beforehand.

"He knows his behavior was wrong and didn't want it to happen but he has no recollection of it," said Hughes' lawyer, Frances Jones.

Haha, I read the OP and thought that no one would POSSIBLY do this sober...I was right. :D

Great story :lol:

Top Bottom