• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

Apollo win without a single DOW

Yeah, I don't know, my first game was Soyuz poly-oz standard and while very enjoyable, it wasn't very challenging. I won with mindflower on 251 turns.

So for my second game I decided to go up to Appollo on a pangea map (one of the ones from the map pack - nice purple colour) - and given the reports of dozy AI and my own experience in the soyuz game didn't bother with much of a military - four units in total. Which, I admit, was kind of asking for it. I got jumped by the ARC roundabout turn 100.

So...the lesson from this, despite all this talk about a passive AI, don't drop your good habits from Civ V.

And if you want to get into a fight, don't build too many units - or hide them.

If you want a win pure to win with Apollo, you can just go for a 1vs1. Had it on turn 86, can probably be a lot faster still.
Play the yanks (with the espionage bonus), speed up to computing, take the +40% intrigue civic and go for the coup de'tat (which shouldn't be possible in a capital of course, but one many things to change).

But of course this wasn't fun, just wanted to try if it works and so it does. Reminds me of the greek cavalry rush of vanilla Civ V.

The difficulty of past Civ games follows a pattern

I played Civ 4 on Monarch
Civ 5 on Immortal
and now BE on Apollo :crazyeye:

Without using any flagrant exploits in BE, which Civ 5 difficulty would Apollo be closest to? On release date, people seemed to be comparing Apollo to Immortal, but now it seems like it may actually be easier than Immortal.

Without using any flagrant exploits in BE, which Civ 5 difficulty would Apollo be closest to? On release date, people seemed to be comparing Apollo to Immortal, but now it seems like it may actually be easier than Immortal.

I havent played a whole lot of games, maybe 8 or so, but i think apollo is easier than
Emperor on Civ 5. On emperor i have to think through all my turn, i do no automation on my workers etc., on this particular game i was just clicking through the turns to get to the end cause i couldn't believe that nothing else was happening in this game.

Overall, I'd say it feels like Emperor, maybe even King...EXCEPT for win times. The AI can win sub turn 250. That was never possible in CiV up to Immortal at least.

I have not tried to win as fast as possible so I was pretty shocked when the AI had their wonders going up ~t220. My previous game was on Gemini and I won contact at t240s. I thought the timing was just due to the difficulty level. Apparently not.

Top Bottom