[April 14th 2011] - Civ 5 and all DLC is 40% off on Steam today!

There's also a contest to get 2K's entire Steam library. You just join 2k Games group on Steam and you are entered. I'm still not buying DLC, but I would take them for free if I won.

There's also a contest to get 2K's entire Steam library. You just join 2k Games group on Steam and you are entered. I'm still not buying DLC, but I would take them for free if I won.

I saw that too !! then I noticed that there was some "fine print".... to qualify for the contest "You must own an item from today's 2K sale to be eligible"

Just picked up Polynesia. Great sale for people who were waiting on DLC but cringed at the $5.

I got the DLC since it is now reasonably price IMO. I did cringe at the $5 original price.

I was tempted as I will not pay full price for these.

But then I remembered I hadn't played the game inmonths, and it is still in beta. By the time they get this game fixed, if they ever get it fixed, I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities to buy at a discounted price.
Moderator Action: Please make next times more meaningful contributions.

But then I remembered I hadn't played the game in months, and it is still in beta. By the time they get this game fixed, if they ever get it fixed, I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities to buy at a discounted price.

The game is not in beta, or did you miss that the game was released six months ago. It doesn't need "fixing" because it isn't "broken". Sure there is things they could improve upon (and have been improving upon) just like every other game released this decade.

Why did you even bother to post here if you haven't played it in so long and don't intend to take advantage of this sale? Surely it couldn't be just to get a rise out of other members? :rolleyes: Moderator Action: Please don't tell anyone not to post.

------------

The game costs 47.99 on steam and 37.99 from Ozgameshop.com (for Australians)
This means that I can pay the cheaper price for the game on ozgameshop and then buy DLC at full price once my game arrives in the mail, or I can spend more money to buy the game on steam and then buy the DLC at 40% off. Either way it's about $2 difference unfortunately. Keeping in mind i'm looking to buy a copy of the game for my girlfriend to go with her new laptop.

But then I remembered I hadn't played the game inmonths, and it is still in beta. By the time they get this game fixed, if they ever get it fixed, I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities to buy at a discounted price.

I surprisingly also considered getting Polynesia - but then I came to a similar, if not the same, conclusion.

Just bought the DLC Civs, and I also bought the cradle of civilisation bundle. I can see my Civs in the game but I can't see the craddle maps anywhere. Are they hiding somewhere or what?

Just bought the DLC Civs, and I also bought the cradle of civilisation bundle. I can see my Civs in the game but I can't see the craddle maps anywhere. Are they hiding somewhere or what?
Hmm.. That's strange.
They should be in the list of map types (single player->advanced setup->map types).

But they don't show up in your game?

When I bought the map pack there was a small ~200kb update. Maybe you haven't had the update?

Wouldn't buy it for a dollar, BTW. The ONLY price I want to hear coming out of the Steam/2k cabal right now is free. FREE FREE FREE.
I would love it if I could get anything I wanted for free. Everyone would.
But almost everything in this world costs. Have you ever heard of buying things for money? It seems you haven't.
Moderator Action: Quit the arguing.

Hmm.. That's strange.
They should be in the list of map types (single player->advanced setup->map types).

But they don't show up in your game?

When I bought the map pack there was a small ~200kb update. Maybe you haven't had the update?

Yes I found them, was expecting a campaign setting or something like that. Thanks for your help.

Saw the deal on Steam and bought Civ5 (the game itself, no the the DLC), registered here...and now prepared to say goodbye to 2 weeks of my life!

A poor game being 40% cheaper = still a poor game. Still not buying it.

What do you work for Steam?
[etc etc etc...]
Moderator Action: As is explicitly stated in the Civ V notice board (sticked thread), it is not acceptable to insinuate that someone works for steam just because they are saying (or in this case advertising) something positive about the game or Steam.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

He may very well work for Steam, but I don't see why that would be a bad thing. He's telling us about a sale on all the game's DLC from the only source of said DLC. He's also informing us about a sale from the major online retail source of Civ V - the game this forum is about.

If that doesn't qualify as relevant and justified advertising then I honestly don't know what does. - It's also in the form of a forum thread which is about as unobtrusive as you can get.

Of course there is an equal chance he is just a lurker who decided to join to post and tell us about this offer he noticed.

Either way I don't see the problem at all.

Of course there is an equal chance he is just a lurker who decided to join to post and tell us about this offer he noticed.

Pretty much.

Sorry if posting a sale on a game offends some people, was just trying to let people know about the sale that might not of known.

Pretty much.

Sorry if posting a sale on a game offends some people, was just trying to let people know about the sale that might not of known.

Well I for one thank you. I didn't know about it.

And I've answered to myself the question about how much is too much for a DLC civ vs. what do you think they are worth . . .

Top Bottom