Arcane power recovery rate

jacklours

Chieftain
Hey,

I have a question about the arcane energy for adepts and mages and others.

I've seen that there is some type of recovery rate or something. For example I cast a spell and it takes a while to be able to recast again. I couldn't really find anything about the mechanic in the ingame wiki nor on the internet anywhere or on these forums.

If anyone could explain me how it works I would appreciate, right now I rarely cast any spells because I don't want it to be uncastable when I need to cast it. (and well that stops me from going the mage way more often)

Thank you in advance

Each of your units can cast one spell per turn. Unless you're playing some modmod that I'm not familiar with, that's all there is to it.

Allright, thank you for your help, i'll give that a try tonight. That changes the usefulness of mages for sure.

Are you certain that this was an adept or mage? The Fellowship of Leaves T2 priest spell, Bloom, sort of works like you were thinking, where it takes two turns to cast the spell. While the priest is able to move the second turn, it will cast as part of automated movement, which could be misunderstood as a cooldown on the spell. I think the Nature III spell, Vitalize, works the same way, but you'd need an archmage, or archmage hero for that. I can't think of any T1 or T2 arcane spell with that effect.

The other possibility could be that you were casting spells with a group of mages. For example, if you had 3 adepts grouped, all with Entropy I for Rust, and clicked to cast Rust once, potentially all three casts of rust will occur at once, provided that there were additional units with weapon upgrades after the first and second casts. This could also give the appearance of spells not being available each turn, if you don't realize that multiple casts are happening. That confused me for a while at first.

Vitalize has no casting time or cooldown, however Life 3 Ressurrection does have a casting time (3 turns iirc)

I did get a chance to experiment with the Bloom spell last game (actually used it quite a lot). And I noticed to 2 turns casting time.

However it happened a few times where for example a priest could cast a tiger and then it would black out and with another one I could cast 2 (in different turns) before it blacked out). Although it is possible that I mistook which priest had cast and which hadn't because I had about 10 running around.

Edit : Come to think of it now, after a while I ''attached'' the tigers to their original priests and some priest had 2 tigers on them while others were stuck with 1.

As has been mentioned, certain spells (notably, bloom, and resurrection... I can't currently think of another one) have a casting delay, where you click the spell, wait a bit, and then it will cast the spell a few turns later. If you look in the civilopedia for the spell, it will tell you if it has a casting delay or not. Most spells do not have the delay though.

As for summon tiger, a tiger is a permanent summons. Other permanent summons include skeletons and flesh golems. With permanent summons, you can have 1 for every unit that can cast that spell. So if you have 5 adepts with death 1 (summon skeleton), you can have 5 skeletons. How you get those skeletons is up to you though - you can have 1 adept summon 5 skeletons, 5 adepts summon 1 skeleton, or anything in between. This means that if you want to have an army of permanent summons, like for example, tigers, you can build more priests. However, all you have to do with the priests is just build them - your priests on the front lines can summon multiple tigers, while others wandering around blooming can summon none at all. This is actually a really good idea, because you can have all your combat 5 priests summon empower 5 tigers, while your brand new priests without combat promotions don't have to summon anything.

-Colin

Top Bottom