Archive: Land Office

wait a minute, we are living in a primite comunism (to quote Engels) land doesn't belong to anyone, it is communal, therefore no land should be distributed along the despots loyal subjects, after all, under despotism power is controled via fear, if you give land you give power...
It wasn't until monarchy that the king started giving land since monarchy isn't based on fear, but on nobility and honour (based on Montesquieu) I think we should hold off the land giving part until monarchy, land ownership this early in the game is just too early, there are no titles during despotism, there is the despot and no one else.

EA

then why is the current despot giving titles such as prince and princess? I'm all for role play, but the first rule in this forum is stick to the techs in the demogame, nobility doesn't apear until after organized religion. We have neither.

@cyc+stuck: it was posted by the despot that diutius will controll gorina, but that HELENA will inherit the lands surrounding gorina.

the post was in the despot's thread:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?postid=972713#post972713

so helena will be the owneress of the lands surrounding gorina if the despot dies.
only the CONTROLL OF THE CITY (which means organizing the usage for example, being in controll of the people and administration etc.) was given to diutius and will propably be kept with him even after the despots death.

note also that helena already stated that her lands will be given to her daughter upon her death.

read it: owning is helena... cyc only has an administative position :p

Quote of the dictators will:
-The land of the Empire will be split between my daughter and my son following my death. My daughter will recive Gorina and surrounding lands, my son will recive Noshuet and all future lands.

for cyc he later only said he can "controll" the city :) not that he owns it...

so you have to be careful what exactly people state ;-)

NOTICE:
as atrous died of old age the most recent TC, i will claim my ownership of the lands around Gorina.

these are the lands helena lifespanius, and later her daughter, claims at the moment...

they have a income of (afaik):
18food 11shield 13gold

the teritory is
14 tiles=+28g

together this makes a tc'ly income of:
18food 11shields 41gold

the gold will be converted either in shields or food as needed.
who will store the info what she owns?

attached is a map of her ownings....

Attachments

• myclaims1 (small).jpg
    myclaims1 (small).jpg
    74 KB · Views: 135
@stuck: i already did that without even knowing the exact values :) i just knew it was more than i needed.

As despot, I am claiming all the lands of Fanatica, other than the ones owned by my wife Helena. The cities of Noshuret and Penquinadua together produce116g, 36f, and 31s (this includes all the bonuses for contigous tiles and pop points). Nar Shadda produce a total of 11g, 8f, and 10s. So actually the Despot has a total of 127g, 44f, and 41s.

ooc:
cyc: just keep in mind that if you want to give lands to others for usage, the outcome of those tiles will not count into yours :) same if you give land away... also keep in mind that the troops are pretty expensive in support :-(

I'm not real sure yet how to work the conversion from resources to troops, but I'll read up on it and do my best.

ooc cyc:
a units costs 1/10 of the civ3-cost in shields... example: a legion costs 3 shield (30 in civ3).
the support costs 1shield+1food each tc

Top Bottom