ARCHIVED: Discussion Topic - Unit Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that's an idea. There's some nice smoke effects on some of them - can't use the ones with the green guys showing though.

Hey, I have an idea: Maybe replace the Scientific Great Leader unit with something like a Spark, Madboy, or Mad Scientist, and give them some kind of insane attack power or something... After all, can't have steampunk without mad scientists......

Some unit suggestions:

Indian Musket: Indian Flintlock, by Sandris.

Meso-American Cavalry 1: Aztec Horseman by ShiroKobbure.

Meso-American Cavalry 2: Venezuelan Prócer by CivArmy s. 1994.

There's all the units from PTW expansion pack. Also, Kinboat made a cool tribal warrior riding a triceratops.

There's all the units from PTW expansion pack. Also, Kinboat made a cool tribal warrior riding a triceratops.

I'll be damned!!! I had them the whole time. . .

Y'know Sid Meier's team worked for a while on a project called Dinosaurs but abandoned it. I wonder if those units were compatible with CivIII? I love to pry something like that free. Pterodactyls. . .

Dinosaurs. We're gonna need dinosaurs, not just Supa's stuff, either.
I was already thinking of the lizardmen (Slann?) from the WH mod -both for jungle lurking & as a possible underworld civ.

Edit: and there's got a way to use one of those nazgul thingies as well.

I'll be damned!!! I had them the whole time. . .

Y'know Sid Meier's team worked for a while on a project called Dinosaurs but abandoned it. I wonder if those units were compatible with CivIII? I love to pry something like that free. Pterodactyls. . .

Pterodactyls weren't dinosaurs...

Had to be said! But I'd like to see something from Sid Meier about such things whatever they are.

I don't have time to browse the threads, but has Spring-Heeled Jack been considered as a villain/character/unit type/something?
:hmm: Now you've got me confused!?

Here's some things I just googled and thought would make great units in the game: The powered dirigeable (probably pedal powered :lol:) and a Steampunk Commando, parachuting behind enemy lines from the aforementioned dirigeable.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=162048&d=1192099770

Not only do I love the idea of the Steampunk Commando, I surprisingly have some wing models that might be suitable, and which I never thought I'd have a use for:
That's Great Plotinus.
I'll add these units to the to-do list then, although there are some others already on it that must take priority...
Your Steampunk Commando sounds a lot like Spring-Heeled Jack. Here's an image featuring him of a very rough and raw tech icon I'm tenatively calling Alter Egos:
Spring-heeled Jack - brilliant idea!
Is there an Absent-Minded Professor in the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom